It takes so much energy to lie What I think that this quote means, is that when you are getting ready to lie you have to use so much energy because you have to think about the lie that you are getting ready to tell and you have to think and see if it sounds good enough to believe, when if you were to just tell that truth like the quote ‘’The truth will set you free’’ you would’ve been better off. Because if you had gotten caught in a lie 1 whoever you lied to probably would’ve lost their trust in you and you would’ve got in trouble, it’s better to just tell the truth and be free than lie and be trapped. What I think it means by ‘’Grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation’’ just take in that if you tell the truth you will be free and people need learn to tell the truth for example when a police officer is investigating a crime and you are a suspect most people call it snitching but if they ask you what your side of the story is and they believe you than your free, better than just sitting there saying nothing because then they will suspect that you’re the one who did it but if you just tell them straight up then they will go and pull other suspect and see if their story matches up with yours so that they know that whatever crime was committed wasn’t you.
I really like your response because you did a great job comparing this quote to the quote, "The truth will set you free", and you also did a good job explaining on it.
This is so perfect. I mean, it fits perfectly with what just happened at lunch today. There’s this kid at the lunch table next to ours who throws food constantly. It’s really disgusting. The worst part is that he throws it and when Mrs. Humphreys asks him to pick it up, he blames it on us (either me or one of my friends). I’m pretty sure she believes him, too. Finally my friend just went up to one of the administrators and said that it wasn’t us throwing the food, and that we want the person who is throwing it to stop. I’m not sure if anything is going to change, but it really feels better knowing that at least someone knows the truth. I don’t know if it bothers the kid to know that he’s blaming us for something we didn’t do (probably not, considering what his food-throwing hobbies show about his intelligence), but I always say that the only person who really needs to know the truth is yourself. If you’re being convicted of something you didn’t do, at least you know the truth. I guess we can hope someday he’ll stop blaming us and own up to what he’s doing, but until then we have the satisfaction of knowing he’s carrying a burden the rest of us aren’t.
Good job! I loved how you expressed your feelings, when you said "This is so perfect."I also liked how you related this to your school life. When you said " it fits perfectly with what just happened at lunch today. There’s this kid at the lunch table next to ours who throws food constantly. It’s really disgusting. The worst part is that he throws it and when Mrs. Humphreys asks him to pick it up, he blames it on us." It explaned how you feel about this quote. Again great job!
This quote make a lot of sense because, lying is a habit and people always resort to their habits if there is no other option. I think this quote is saying, if you continuously lie, it ends up taking a lot of energy to dig yourself out of that lie. For example, in the early episodes of Breaking Bad, Walt kept lying to his wife, and eventually she found out and they separated. If Walt had just been honest from the start, she may have understood and they might still be together. The lies people get themselves into make everything worse! As the quote says, “I wish people could grasp the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” The honesty people put out, usually comes back in return. But, the lies people put out, usually comes back to bite them in the butt. This quote only tells the truth. Everything it says has lots of truth, and if people live by this motto, they will become honest and genuine. The person who said this was very smart and made me think about being honest more often. Lies are the thing that makes me angry and make me helpless. I hope they do the same for you.
“It takes so much energy to lie.. I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” I agree with this quote. When someone is lying it takes them so much time to think of the lie. For example, I was watching this video game and the guy was lying he was coming with 3 lies, eventually the lies came back to bite him and he went to jail. If he was to tell the truth he would have not been sent to jail his life but, since he came up with the lies he is in jail. Another example is that I would always get invited to someone’s house in 2nd grade but, I would lie and say my little cousins are coming over, then one day he said” didn’t you say that yesterday” so I had to come up with another lie and said” they stayed at my house.” I took my energy to think of the lie that would save me from another lie. Lies are not worth the energy because in the end you will just get caught like I did. People tell little lies that turn into bigger and bigger lies that are too much to handle and you will tell the truth. This is what the quote means to me.
I like your example that you used about the guy you saw on TV and how he went to jail basically just for lying because it uses the part of the quote where it says freedom and liberation and it fits perfectly.and I like how you used an example from your own life.
I think as a student, lying is a bad thing to do and people should just be honest and sincere. In school students have to be honest in mostly everything we do. For example, when I was in third grade I was faced with a challenge that I would never forget, I had a choice of telling the truth or not towards one of my friends and whether or not to tattle-tale on my friend or to tell the truth. I had to the thing that is right, so I told on him that he was the one who was throwing food in the lunch room and then he was punished for his behavior but he had learned what an actual good friend would do for him even though it might not be the best result of him doing something. Another example of this quote was when I was in sixth grade when I was faced with another challenge, I had to choose whether or not to get in trouble or not get in trouble but lie and have guilt of lying. It all started in English when I got a different grade on a summative grade then I expected and wanted, so I told my teacher that the scan-tron was messed up and got the right answers by erasing them. I know that wasn’t the right thing to do, but I really wanted a good grade. After, I was so guilty that I had to tell the truth of what I did, and I was still in trouble but I felt better about my-self.
The sentence, "I had a choice of telling the truth or not towards one of my friends and whether or not to tattle-tale on my friend or to tell the truth," was very confusing. I think that you may have just repeated too much.
This response spoke to me because I had ran into a problem similar to this back in my day. I had to choose between grades and friends, and I chose grades because my friends would've steered me away from good grades.
When I grew up, I constantly procrastinated over everything, from homework to projects, I lied to hide from them. For example, when I was in third grade I had a music project. The project was very simple. All I had to do was make an instrument, I didn’t do it. I went to the bus stop where my old neighbor (from a previous comment), walked up carrying a guitar made from cardboard and old guitar strings. My mom saw and had me head in and get in trouble. I then had to do the project before school started the next day. I ended up getting grounded for a month. Another example was the time I had the cell project at our school. I just didn’t want to do it because I got a new game. The game was fantastic, even if it was pretty old. But then I always said, “No homework today” over and over. Finally, it ran up and punched me in the face. I walked into school, no project or anything. I watched people turn their projects in. But I just stood there in horror. My dad then told me I had to do the project that very night, no video games, no tv, just nonstop work on the project. The day had come to turn it in, I handed it to the teacher and walked out. A few days later I got the grade, a B. It was a solid A project, but because it’s late, dropped a letter grade. So I learned my lesson, don’t lie, just tell the truth.
Why would people make an effort to lie when they could just tell the truth? This quote means exactly that. I have had past experiences with lying about things and I’m sure everyone else has too. This quote reminds me of a time when I was little. I was 5 or 6 and I used to live next to my friend’s house and I snuck over the fence without telling anyone and I got in trouble when my parents asked me where I was. I got in so much trouble because I lied at first. It just goes to show that lying does not do anything good for your character.
Nice work! Good Point when you said "Why would people make an effort to lie when they could just tell the truth?" Overall it was clear and understandable. Fantastic!
I think what this quote means is that it is much easier to tell the truth than it is to concoct a lie that could pass as being believable. I think this quote could also mean that there can be rewards that come with telling the truth. Although lying may sometimes seem to be the easier road out of a problem, it will hurt you in the long run. There was an example of this just last week during lunch. Some people had been throwing food, and when the teachers told the people to fess up to throwing it, no one came up at first. Everyone just glanced around, looking to see who would be the first person to admit to what they had been doing. Finally, someone went up to the microphone and admitted that he been throwing food. Nearly everyone in the lunch room began to applaud him for being the first person to tell the truth. The teacher who had been trying to make us calm down quickly told us to quit applauding, because he should not have been throwing food in the first place. After he had told the truth, a couple other kids went up to the microphone and fessed up too. The person who went up first was a great example of how telling the truth can reward you.
I like how you used the word "concoct." I agree with you that "concocting" a lie is much harder than telling the truth. I agree also on the lunch topic to.Although, people shouldn't have to be rewarded to tell the truth.
I think that this example fits this quote very well. It shows that telling the truth is rewarding. This example also reminded me of Christine’s example that she wrote about. You both had practically the same idea.
“It takes so much energy to lie... I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” I think this quote is greatly showed in the movie Mean Girls. This girl named Katie makes friends with the unpopular people but then switches sides and becomes a horrible person. The popular people befriend her and make her feel special, causing her to be peer pressured and want to be like them. She ends up becoming fake, and mean to her original friends. She then starts blackmailing everyone and eventually becomes just like the popular girls, but she is unsatisfied when her real friends desert her. The whole school gets together and when they let go and come clean, they are all friends and it’s a picturesque moment in the movie. The end of the movie clearly exemplifies this quote because after all of the lies, they all come together and understand what honesty can do for them. When I think about lying, I cringe. I think this probably happens because when you lie, even just a little white lie, it can ruin friendships or hurt other people’s feelings. That’s why I think everyone should tell the truth, because if you lie you are carrying around a huge burden on your back. When you release all of that negative energy, it does benefit you in the end. This quote is very helpful to live by because everyone has lied more than a couple times in their lifetime.
I can relate to this quote. There was once when we were planning a surprise party for my dad. And with the planning of the party, we had to keep him out of this party plan. So occasionally he would see us doing stuff to prepare for the surprise, and we’d have to lie ourselves out of the assumption he had of what we were trying to do. In the end, when we tried to surprise him, he had said that he’d known about the surprise for a while, and that the surprise was unnecessary. He then told us that it would’ve been easier to just have a part with no surprises, and less lying to him, which in turn would’ve made our lives easier for the week of preparation. If you’ve ever tried to lie, you know that it’s hard because you have to dmake it believable, and it takes much more work to lie than to tell the truth. For instance, if you’ve broken someone’s vase, telling them a lie will be harder, because you have to use better facial expressions to show that you are telling the truth, whereas telling the truth is easier because you don’t have to act. Also if you tell the truth, your facial expression will be less remorseful making the situation lighter. The person will probably be happier that you told the truth because no one likes a liar. This is why telling the truth takes less energy opposed to lying.
I really like that you tied it into your dad's suprise party in the beginning. It really demonstrates that any lie is a lie, whether it's big or little. I mentioned that idea in my response.
I like what you wrote because it really shows how you can connect with the quote. For example, you told about how you tried planning the surprise party, and that shows that you have a personal expierence with the quote.
I understand your example when you had to lie to your dad about the party. I know when you planning a surprise party, you do not want to tell the person your having it for to find out.
When I was in second grade, I was incredibly clever. It was a fun year, mostly. So here’s my story. I was in second grade, it was in the middle of the year during the winter. I was in Reading about to go to lunch, and I asked my teacher for a bathroom pass. I went to the bathroom washing my hands and I began to get curious. If you know me, you know that curiosity kills the Katie. So I rinsed and dried my hands and looked at myself for a moment. Then I walked out into the hallway. {Now I’m sure everyone wants to know what the other genders bathroom looks like, and I took it into my hands to find out.} I swiveled and walked right into the boys’ bathroom. It was horrible. It smelled, it was all baby blue . . . and the worst part . . . urinals. I was disgusted, and then I started laughing. I was immature. Then when I was done, I walked out. Only to face a teacher. She was a teacher I hadn’t ever had before, thank goodness. She stared me down, with that teacher-ly evil glare. I wasn’t going to say anything until she asked me, “Now why are you in the boy’s bathroom?” She asked me, accusingly. I cleverly replied, “Mrs. Blakesley sent me to look for the lost boys bathroom pass.” “Did she now,” she pretended to be puzzled, “And why didn’t she send a boy?” “She didn’t trust any of the boys to not fool around in the hallway.” I fired back. “Why don’t we go ask your teacher?” She suggested. And there it was. I was done, found out. Until we got in the room. Mrs. Blakesley and the woman talked, and she came over and asked me if that was true. I was silent. Then she told me to think about what I’d done at my seat. So while I was ‘thinking’ I came up with a plan. Then she summoned me. She asked me if my story was true. And I told her, “No. I lied because I thought I would be accused of lying. I was going to the water fountain and I was skipping, and the pass flew out of my hand and into the boys bathroom. I’m sorry.” And she nodded and told me if had actually gone in I would’ve been sent to the office.
I completely agree with this quote. It really makes me think though. If you were to lie over something, whatever it may be, why do it? When you lie, everything usually turns out bad in the end. It wastes so much time and energy, like said in the quote, to take the time to lie about something. Telling the truth always makes something good in the end, rather than lying and having something bad occur in the end. Also, when looking at the last part of this quote where it says, “…I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” How I took that specific part of the quote is that when you tell a lie, you usually end up creating a problem that wasn’t even there. Then, that problem leads to something else which causes you to be in quite a stump. Well, if you are honest and genuine as the quote says, you shouldn’t have many problems and everything will be “peachy keen”. For example, telling someone a lie is so pointless and is such a waste of time that when you get into a bad situation and realize what you have done, it seems like you just wasted a bunch of free time that could have been used for something better. In the end, honesty over rules all. That is certainly something everyone can agree. So, why lie when you know it will just cause problems in the end?
I agree with the quote. If someone is going to lie about someone or something it is going to take more energy than to tell the truth. If someone does lie they have to think about what to say and whether it will work. Also telling a lie can hurt someone. After reading the quote I realized that if someone lies they will feel confined and trapped. However, if someone does not lie you can have a sense of freedom and you won’t have something tying you down. So the truth is that not only is it easier to tell the truth it will also relieve you and someone’s perspective of you won’t be affected. Another thought that I realized after reading the quote, was if someone does not lie you punishment will be decreased. For example if you commit a crime you will get a better punishment for confessing than for lying, going to court, and getting proven guilty. As you can see lying is a horrible option to choose when telling someone something. I, myself, can count many times where I lied and felt bad. However, when I confessed I got in more trouble than just confessing the first time. If people know that not only is lying bad that telling truth avoids further confusion and a severe punishment. Also not lying would result in better relationships and communication between different people. So, this quote is not only just a quote but a lesson for many people.
I agree when you stated that "It takes more energy to lie than to tell the truth" because I also mentioned that in my writing. Lying takes more energy because you have to think of what to lie about, whereas when you tell the truth you just state what you know.
I really loved how you said, "If someone lies, they feel confined and trapped." That is an excelent way to explain this quote. I never really thought of this untill reading this. The way you described this quote is better than anything I have ever wrote.
I agree with this statement because I can relate this to my life. There have been many times where I have tried to lie to my parents or other people and that lie spreads and becomes a bigger lie. I also agree that freedom and liberation comes from being honest and true. It really wears you down to be constantly thinking about what will happen to you if someone finds out that your lying or what you’re going to say next. I have done this so many times. For example, on time, when I was younger, my mom was about to run some errands and she told me to get my shoes on and get ready to go and I told her, “I’m tired about it! My foot hurts!” I ended up going on the errands, but my mom was starting to take what I had said seriously as I continuously told the lie that my foot hurts. She ended up taking me to the doctor’s office so they can check out my foot and see what is wrong, but nothing was wrong with my foot. This whole thing carried out for a while until I slowly stopped saying it. But later on we found out that I had taken a saying from a movie and used it as a lie. But it took all of that energy time and money just over a lie.
This is a cool way of putting how lies may harm you. You said that you dragged a lie about your foot out for about a week and that it did nothing productive but just hurting you more.
I like the example you used because it really shows how lies can exponentially grow. If you let them sit then they will just end up getting worst just like your situation with your foot.
This quote is very true. The author is saying that she doesn’t understand why people have to lie when if they are honest they could feel better about themselves. The author is right when she says that it does take a lot of energy to lie. You have to come up with a believable lie and you need a lot of evidence to make your lie sound true enough. Also it takes energy because you feel all of the guilt that comes with a lie. If you were honest and genuine then you wouldn’t have to take all of the time it takes to form a lie, you could just tell the truth and feel good about it. In the end, a lie is just you digging a hole, the more dig, the harder it is to get out of the hole. I’m not saying that I am perfect, I have had my fair share of lies. Like one time when I was in the 2rd grade. Me and my sisters were playing hide and go seek and I was the seeker. I looked in practically every room and still no luck, but I went into my parent’s room and found my little sister Kate. I knew that my older sister Natalie had to be in the room somewhere, so I opened my parent’s closet even though I knew that I wasn’t supposed to. My mom always told me to never look in her closet. But I did that day, and in the closet was a pink soccer ball. I knew that it was for me because it was almost my birthday and I loved playing soccer. I quickly shut the closet and pretended that I hadn’t opened it, but all of the sudden, Natalie comes out from behind the door and tells on me. When my mom asked if I had done it, I said no, but then Kate comes and tells that she saw me doing it too, so I was in even more trouble because I broke 2 rules now, lying, and looking in the closet.
How did you know the author was a female? Instead of refering to them as she, you could say they. But I really liked the metaphor about digging a hole. It went along well with the quote and it made me put lying in perspective.
“It takes so much energy to lie... I wish people could grasp the sense of freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” I understand this quote fully. I mean, I’ve lied, haven’t we all? Although, lying isn’t always a negative thing. Sometimes you lie to protect a friends feelings or do it to help someone from getting hurt. For example, lots of people talk bad about each other. So, when if you hear someone talking bad about your best friend, do you tell them? You want to be honest with your best friend but you also want to prevent them from getting hurt. So maybe, if you lie to protect someone, you might just be doing it to help them. In that case, is it lying? You know, you are making them feel genuine..
I like the way that you put the quote in a sense of protecting your best friend's feelings. Now that i've seen your thoughts I do think that if you're lying to your best friend about something like that, it does make them feel genuine.
This is very true, to relate it to your-self makes this quote mean something and helps me understand what you mean. For example, "I understand this quote fully. I mean, I’ve lied, haven’t we all? Although, lying isn’t always a negative thing. Sometimes you lie to protect a friends feelings or do it to help someone from getting hurt." I liekd how you explained what lying has an effect on.
What I think that this quote is trying to say is that it is so much easier to just tell the truth because if you tell lies then they may come back at you. Also, when you lie everything that comes out of lying will most likely effect you in one way. If you are trying to be nice and lie to make the person feel better, they may find out you were lying and you might not be as good of friends you were. When you are honest people can trust you, which is a very big thing because if nobody trusts you then you may not be able to build a strong friendship with that person. You also may not have to worry about as much as you would otherwise. Telling lies also can just weigh you down with stress. I remember when someone told a lie and they knew the other person found out. They were really upset and they regretted telling that lie. Telling lies usually does not work out in any way besides both of you getting hurt. Being honest can be so much easier too. If you are being honest then whatever you say should be at least meaningful to the other person. For example, if you say the paper was great even though it was bad they may not fix it and they could get a bad grade. If you tell them what is wrong then they will most likely take your advice, fix up their paper, and get a better grade then you telling a lie. It is so much easier to just tell the truth, so why would you lie?
To me, this quote is very relatable and makes a lot of sense. I’m not perfect, I don’t always the truth 100% of the time, and I certainly do not always have the courage to admit that what I had said was not truthful. Lying is to me, a temporary solution. Sure, when you tell the lie you might get someone to think of you as a better person, or a wealthier person, or a smarter person, but that’s only temporary. By telling them that lie they might expect more from you. Trying to prove it is even worse. Lying will come back to haunt you. What I think this quote really means is that when you lie, you get held down by whatever lie you told. When you’re truthful however, you don’t need to worry about covering up your lies or making more. You can be yourself, and you can be free. I too have been caught lying because I tried to cover it up even more. I mean, it’s never been a huge lie like winning the lottery or having my own TV show in Japan, but it was still a lie. Lies will almost always affect you negativley in the long run.
This was similar to mine because I also said that telling lies can weigh you down, which it can. I also like how you added that you lies are only temporary and they will only hurt you.
If this is true then it must have took “so much energy” to make this quote, I mean it is easy to lie, you have your “little white lies”,” so easy”, and your normal lies, “easy”, the only hard lie is the one you fail at then have to keep lying to avoid the real truth. This quote is just a statement to make you think lying is bad, but maybe it can help what if something happens and you or your friends may get in trouble it is easier to lie you way out ort it may hurt you in the long run. So here is another ex of who easy it is to lie: “I am a one eyed one horned purple people eater” BOOM a lie just like that took less than a second. Just who is Mama Zara probably just some adult who thinks kids should always tell the truth but come on adults in general lie all the time, do we just have to grow up before we learn the sad truth that all people lie? dono ?
This quote “It takes so much energy to lie... I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine” is stating that lying is not good. It takes time and thought to lie to someone. When you lie to someone, it takes a lot of energy, as the quote mentioned. Mama Zara is the author of this quote. She is trying to speak out to people and tell them that lying does not get you anywhere in life. If you want to be a person to look up to and successful, then you must be honest in life and speak the truth. When you are truthful to people, they will become to trust you more. So, when people trust you, there will be fewer problems in the world. When the author states “Freedom and Liberation” she means that you are doing something beneficial to the society. When I say beneficial to the society, I mean that you are not causing any problems to people. The world is full of problems. We the people need to fix these problems. In order to be able to correct the problems, we need to not lie. We need to be the most honest and trusting. The United Stated Government is in terrible shape right now. Part of when they are in terrible shape is because some of the people involved in the government are lying to the citizens. We can fix it, but we need to do it step by step. Lying is not the answer!
“It takes so much energy to lie… I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” I think that quote is unbelievably true. Mama Zara KushandWizdom, you are very intelligent for stating this quote. I, too believe that lying basically gets you absolutely nowhere. If you actually think that you can get through this world off of lying, then you’re insane. No matter what you do, if you lie about anything, it could harm you in any way possible. Even if you lied about doing one problem on your math homework, it could still get you hurt. Maybe that one problem that you didn’t do was on the test and if you had done it you would’ve known what the answer was but since you lied about it, you had no idea what to do. That’s not it, there is many ways that not doing that one problem on your homework could harm you. You always need to take into consideration, that if you lie on anything, it will hurt you. Lying is something that can do short term greatness, and then long term pain. What I say about that is that if you lie about something small, it will probably help you in getting where you were trying to go with that lie, but then you think that you’re off the hook but you’re really not. That one lie will stay with you for the rest of your life and make sure that you feel the other side of the lie.
I agree with your example about math homework. I think the reason teachers sometimes give homework and don't check it is that they know that you're only hurting yourself. They don't need to punish you- you're punishing yourself.
“It takes so much energy to lie…” I actually really get this quote, unlike the past two or three quotes that we’ve reflected on. What this quote is saying is that if you lie, it could become hard to keep that lie, and then there could be a web of lies that come from the first lie you made. When you’re honest and you don’t lie or anything, then you don’t have to worry about someone finding out that you were lying, whether it’s a big lie or a small one. Although to some, lying isn’t really hard for them after many times of lying. There are also some lies that aren’t really big or hurtful, called white lies. Everyone tells a white lie every once in a while. A white lie is a small or harmless lie, like a lie that you would tell to avoid hurting someone’s feelings. For example, If you say, “Oh, yeah. That makes sense,” when you really don’t even understand what he/she said, then that would be a white lie. I know this is something lots of people say, because even I say this sometimes. Another example would be if someone was 30 years old, but they say that they’re 29 because they think it sounds like they’re 20 years younger or whatever. Another white lie I tell every once in a while is that I’ll start working on the thing as soon as possible, but then not do it until later. I’m pretty sure other people have said that before, also.
I really like how you admitted to telling a lie, even though it was just a small white lie. I also liked how you explained how there can be consequences to lying.
I like how you said that to people who lie, lying comes easy after a while. I have always thought that it's sort of sad that people just lie all the time, so they automatically don't want to tell the truth.
I cant actually relate to this entire thing, because most of it is true in a sense, Some people can't stop lying once they start, even if it's small white lies or big lies.
It takes so much energy to lie I agree with this quote. But only half of it. It’s the half were it said that said it takes so much energy to lie. I agree because between trying to remember the lie and coming up with new one that go along with it it’s tiring. So I agree with it because it’s so tiring that eventually you can’t say the same lie anymore.
I agree with this, but it was a little confusing. For example, " I agree because between trying to remember the lie and coming up with new one that go along with it it’s tiring." I agree kinda with what your saying, but next time try and add more examples.
I see your point but I think that if you really tried then you could say the same lie over and over, it would just be really tiring to remember all the details.
Being able to tell the truth all of the time is such an important value. There is nothing positive that can happen when someone tells a lie. Telling a fib may seem like an easy way out of an ugly situation, but in the long run that falsehood is going to creep up to haunt the liar. The main problem with lies is, that the more you lie the more frequent the lies occur. I think of lies as a train that cannot stop. The more lies you tell the faster and more dangerous the train becomes. Eventually that train is going to fall right off of a cliff when the lie(s) becomes too enormous to handle any longer. I think that the quote is also saying that saying the truth gives you such a great feeling of freedom. I completely agree with this idea. Your conscious is at rest once again and your mind will be at ease after telling the truth. Being honest gives you such freedom that telling a lie and getting rid of that feeling of freedom is pointless. I have absolutely no clue why anyone would lie. A lie just makes a problem grow. There must be some sort of reason to lie, because it happens all the time. I am not at all saying that I have never lied and will never lie again. What I am trying to say is that I try to tell the truth as much as possible and many people should also try to do this. Breaking the habit of lying is very difficult, but I believe that it can be achieved by anyone who really puts in effort.
I like how you explained this. I didn't think about how when you don't lie you get a sense of freedom, I only thought about how you would not feel pressured with the lie.
I agree with this quote because it’s true. If you lie to your parents you probably have to think of a really good lie to fool them. Once me and my friends where hanging out and we were alone. My brothers and sister where not home and my mom was at work. My friend isn’t allowed to be at friend’s house unless there is an adult, but she told her mom that one of my older brothers where home and her mom believed it. Sadly it came to bight her in the bum. Later her mom found out that my brother wasn’t really home and we both got in trouble. My friend in the first place should have told her mom the truth because she really wouldn’t of cared if there was someone home or not. My friend didn’t know that her mom was coming early to my house so she found out. If she knew her mom was coming maybe she could of thought of a better lie, but it’s better if she would have never lied in the first place. My friend then learned not to lie to her mom and that next time think before you do.
I really like this example, its current and I can relate to it. I have been in the same situation but I didn't lie to my mom I just told that someone wouldn't be home and she still let me go.
I agree with this quote, when we lie first of all we have to think of something that sounds like the truth and then we have to remember all the details of the lie and we have to be cautious because the lie could come up at any time so it’s really just a pain. Sometimes though we lie to protect people and I think that in some circumstances that is ok but, there are other times when we think that we have the person’s best interest in mind but we really might not. And then there are those little white lies that you probably tell people more often than you think, those are the lies that can be really harmful but they can also be useful. I might tell my mom a little white lie if I don’t want to explain something to her or if I don’t want her to know something. But when you don’t want someone to know something then it might start out as a little white lie and then it could grow into something much bigger involving different people that you told different things to and then you have to keep your stories straight and it’s just a huge mess. These are the really harmful lies that cause the biggest problems. So to take all of that hassle away why don’t we just stop lying? I think it’s because we still have the instinct to protect ourselves and other around us so we do that by lying, we make ourselves seem less vulnerable by either changing a story to make it more interesting or telling someone a complete lie to protect yourself or someone else. So is it really our faults that we lie? I’d say yes and no. It’s natural for us to lie because that’s what we grow up doing, it’s like trying to stop breathing when most of the time we don’t even notice when we’re doing it. I don’t think that we will ever be a perfect society, I think that there will always be lying but we can cut back on lying by a lot if we just think before we speak. I think that if we all try to stop lying for just one day then we will see how much better we are without lies.
I agree with what you said about, "Little white lies". I have often been told one thing and have a friend tell me she was told another, and then we know the person who told us was lying.
It takes so much energy Lie I only agree with half of this quote, mostly because it doesn’t make sense on how simply moving your lips can waste your energy. Of course I know that whoever said or wrote that was speaking metaphorically, but I’m sure you know what I mean. In my opinion it only takes “energy” depending on the one telling the lie, and the one he/she is talking to. For instance the one telling the lie could just be a simple person, I just says something like “It’s at my house” or something along those lines, which takes no energy at all. The one telling the lie can also be someone overly complicated, so makes a lie that is so. But like I said earlier, it also depends on the one the liar is talking to, if she/he is also simple, she/he will reply with a nod or a simple reply. If it’s someone that doesn’t quite believe you, she/he’ll either ask a bunch of questions to disapprove you, or sometimes agree knowing you lied to them deliberately. As for the honesty part, I do believe that people should indeed tell the truth more often, because then there would be less problems in life. Though I suppose it’d be ok to lie once in a while, not because you want to avoid trouble or anything, but because maybe you want to spare someone’s feelings, or you want to stop someone from worrying about you, which a lot of people do.
It takes so much energy to lie
ReplyDeleteWhat I think that this quote means, is that when you are getting ready to lie you have to use so much energy because you have to think about the lie that you are getting ready to tell and you have to think and see if it sounds good enough to believe, when if you were to just tell that truth like the quote ‘’The truth will set you free’’ you would’ve been better off. Because if you had gotten caught in a lie 1 whoever you lied to probably would’ve lost their trust in you and you would’ve got in trouble, it’s better to just tell the truth and be free than lie and be trapped. What I think it means by ‘’Grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation’’ just take in that if you tell the truth you will be free and people need learn to tell the truth for example when a police officer is investigating a crime and you are a suspect most people call it snitching but if they ask you what your side of the story is and they believe you than your free, better than just sitting there saying nothing because then they will suspect that you’re the one who did it but if you just tell them straight up then they will go and pull other suspect and see if their story matches up with yours so that they know that whatever crime was committed wasn’t you.
I really like your response because you did a great job comparing this quote to the quote, "The truth will set you free", and you also did a good job explaining on it.
DeleteThis is so perfect. I mean, it fits perfectly with what just happened at lunch today. There’s this kid at the lunch table next to ours who throws food constantly. It’s really disgusting. The worst part is that he throws it and when Mrs. Humphreys asks him to pick it up, he blames it on us (either me or one of my friends). I’m pretty sure she believes him, too. Finally my friend just went up to one of the administrators and said that it wasn’t us throwing the food, and that we want the person who is throwing it to stop. I’m not sure if anything is going to change, but it really feels better knowing that at least someone knows the truth. I don’t know if it bothers the kid to know that he’s blaming us for something we didn’t do (probably not, considering what his food-throwing hobbies show about his intelligence), but I always say that the only person who really needs to know the truth is yourself. If you’re being convicted of something you didn’t do, at least you know the truth. I guess we can hope someday he’ll stop blaming us and own up to what he’s doing, but until then we have the satisfaction of knowing he’s carrying a burden the rest of us aren’t.
ReplyDeleteThis is so perfect, this is a great comment, it has a conects the qoute to real life as well as people now know what happens in the lunch room.
DeleteI can relate to this because it happens to me all the time! Same circumstances! I'm glad its not only me, and by the way, this is totally perfect.
DeleteGood job! I loved how you expressed your feelings, when you said "This is so perfect."I also liked how you related this to your school life. When you said " it fits perfectly with what just happened at lunch today. There’s this kid at the lunch table next to ours who throws food constantly. It’s really disgusting. The worst part is that he throws it and when Mrs. Humphreys asks him to pick it up, he blames it on us." It explaned how you feel about this quote. Again great job!
DeleteThis quote make a lot of sense because, lying is a habit and people always resort to their habits if there is no other option. I think this quote is saying, if you continuously lie, it ends up taking a lot of energy to dig yourself out of that lie. For example, in the early episodes of Breaking Bad, Walt kept lying to his wife, and eventually she found out and they separated. If Walt had just been honest from the start, she may have understood and they might still be together. The lies people get themselves into make everything worse! As the quote says, “I wish people could grasp the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” The honesty people put out, usually comes back in return. But, the lies people put out, usually comes back to bite them in the butt. This quote only tells the truth. Everything it says has lots of truth, and if people live by this motto, they will become honest and genuine. The person who said this was very smart and made me think about being honest more often. Lies are the thing that makes me angry and make me helpless. I hope they do the same for you.
ReplyDelete“It takes so much energy to lie.. I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” I agree with this quote. When someone is lying it takes them so much time to think of the lie. For example, I was watching this video game and the guy was lying he was coming with 3 lies, eventually the lies came back to bite him and he went to jail. If he was to tell the truth he would have not been sent to jail his life but, since he came up with the lies he is in jail. Another example is that I would always get invited to someone’s house in 2nd grade but, I would lie and say my little cousins are coming over, then one day he said” didn’t you say that yesterday” so I had to come up with another lie and said” they stayed at my house.” I took my energy to think of the lie that would save me from another lie. Lies are not worth the energy because in the end you will just get caught like I did. People tell little lies that turn into bigger and bigger lies that are too much to handle and you will tell the truth. This is what the quote means to me.
ReplyDeleteI like your example that you used about the guy you saw on TV and how he went to jail basically just for lying because it uses the part of the quote where it says freedom and liberation and it fits perfectly.and I like how you used an example from your own life.
Delete
ReplyDeleteI think as a student, lying is a bad thing to do and people should just be honest and sincere. In school students have to be honest in mostly everything we do. For example, when I was in third grade I was faced with a challenge that I would never forget, I had a choice of telling the truth or not towards one of my friends and whether or not to tattle-tale on my friend or to tell the truth. I had to the thing that is right, so I told on him that he was the one who was throwing food in the lunch room and then he was punished for his behavior but he had learned what an actual good friend would do for him even though it might not be the best result of him doing something. Another example of this quote was when I was in sixth grade when I was faced with another challenge, I had to choose whether or not to get in trouble or not get in trouble but lie and have guilt of lying. It all started in English when I got a different grade on a summative grade then I expected and wanted, so I told my teacher that the scan-tron was messed up and got the right answers by erasing them. I know that wasn’t the right thing to do, but I really wanted a good grade. After, I was so guilty that I had to tell the truth of what I did, and I was still in trouble but I felt better about my-self.
I agree because feeling the guilt of doing something bad is worse then actually getting in trouble for what you did. Good job:)
DeleteThe sentence, "I had a choice of telling the truth or not towards one of my friends and whether or not to tattle-tale on my friend or to tell the truth," was very confusing. I think that you may have just repeated too much.
DeleteThis response spoke to me because I had ran into a problem similar to this back in my day. I had to choose between grades and friends, and I chose grades because my friends would've steered me away from good grades.
DeleteWhen I grew up, I constantly procrastinated over everything, from homework to projects, I lied to hide from them. For example, when I was in third grade I had a music project. The project was very simple. All I had to do was make an instrument, I didn’t do it. I went to the bus stop where my old neighbor (from a previous comment), walked up carrying a guitar made from cardboard and old guitar strings. My mom saw and had me head in and get in trouble. I then had to do the project before school started the next day. I ended up getting grounded for a month. Another example was the time I had the cell project at our school. I just didn’t want to do it because I got a new game. The game was fantastic, even if it was pretty old. But then I always said, “No homework today” over and over. Finally, it ran up and punched me in the face. I walked into school, no project or anything. I watched people turn their projects in. But I just stood there in horror. My dad then told me I had to do the project that very night, no video games, no tv, just nonstop work on the project. The day had come to turn it in, I handed it to the teacher and walked out. A few days later I got the grade, a B. It was a solid A project, but because it’s late, dropped a letter grade. So I learned my lesson, don’t lie, just tell the truth.
ReplyDeleteSo what did you do wrong, all you did was not do your work thats not worth getting grounded for a month. You still got a B
DeleteWhy would people make an effort to lie when they could just tell the truth? This quote means exactly that. I have had past experiences with lying about things and I’m sure everyone else has too. This quote reminds me of a time when I was little. I was 5 or 6 and I used to live next to my friend’s house and I snuck over the fence without telling anyone and I got in trouble when my parents asked me where I was. I got in so much trouble because I lied at first. It just goes to show that lying does not do anything good for your character.
ReplyDeleteNice work! Good Point when you said "Why would people make an effort to lie when they could just tell the truth?" Overall it was clear and understandable. Fantastic!
DeleteI think what this quote means is that it is much easier to tell the truth than it is to concoct a lie that could pass as being believable. I think this quote could also mean that there can be rewards that come with telling the truth. Although lying may sometimes seem to be the easier road out of a problem, it will hurt you in the long run. There was an example of this just last week during lunch. Some people had been throwing food, and when the teachers told the people to fess up to throwing it, no one came up at first. Everyone just glanced around, looking to see who would be the first person to admit to what they had been doing. Finally, someone went up to the microphone and admitted that he been throwing food. Nearly everyone in the lunch room began to applaud him for being the first person to tell the truth. The teacher who had been trying to make us calm down quickly told us to quit applauding, because he should not have been throwing food in the first place. After he had told the truth, a couple other kids went up to the microphone and fessed up too. The person who went up first was a great example of how telling the truth can reward you.
ReplyDeleteYour beginning sentence was great. The word "concoct" really made me think about how the brain starts to make up everything and create lies.
DeleteI like how you used the word "concoct." I agree with you that "concocting" a lie is much harder than telling the truth. I agree also on the lunch topic to.Although, people shouldn't have to be rewarded to tell the truth.
DeleteI think that this example fits this quote very well. It shows that telling the truth is rewarding. This example also reminded me of Christine’s example that she wrote about. You both had practically the same idea.
Delete“It takes so much energy to lie... I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.”
ReplyDeleteI think this quote is greatly showed in the movie Mean Girls. This girl named Katie makes friends with the unpopular people but then switches sides and becomes a horrible person. The popular people befriend her and make her feel special, causing her to be peer pressured and want to be like them. She ends up becoming fake, and mean to her original friends. She then starts blackmailing everyone and eventually becomes just like the popular girls, but she is unsatisfied when her real friends desert her. The whole school gets together and when they let go and come clean, they are all friends and it’s a picturesque moment in the movie. The end of the movie clearly exemplifies this quote because after all of the lies, they all come together and understand what honesty can do for them. When I think about lying, I cringe. I think this probably happens because when you lie, even just a little white lie, it can ruin friendships or hurt other people’s feelings. That’s why I think everyone should tell the truth, because if you lie you are carrying around a huge burden on your back. When you release all of that negative energy, it does benefit you in the end. This quote is very helpful to live by because everyone has lied more than a couple times in their lifetime.
I've never seen mean girls, but I feel there isn't a better way to use this movie. Its apparently a movie all about lies. I like your veiw of this.
DeleteThat's true, lying can be a huge burden on your back. Also, I love how you used Mean Girls as an example.
DeleteI can relate to this quote. There was once when we were planning a surprise party for my dad. And with the planning of the party, we had to keep him out of this party plan. So occasionally he would see us doing stuff to prepare for the surprise, and we’d have to lie ourselves out of the assumption he had of what we were trying to do. In the end, when we tried to surprise him, he had said that he’d known about the surprise for a while, and that the surprise was unnecessary. He then told us that it would’ve been easier to just have a part with no surprises, and less lying to him, which in turn would’ve made our lives easier for the week of preparation.
ReplyDeleteIf you’ve ever tried to lie, you know that it’s hard because you have to dmake it believable, and it takes much more work to lie than to tell the truth. For instance, if you’ve broken someone’s vase, telling them a lie will be harder, because you have to use better facial expressions to show that you are telling the truth, whereas telling the truth is easier because you don’t have to act. Also if you tell the truth, your facial expression will be less remorseful making the situation lighter. The person will probably be happier that you told the truth because no one likes a liar. This is why telling the truth takes less energy opposed to lying.
I really like that you tied it into your dad's suprise party in the beginning. It really demonstrates that any lie is a lie, whether it's big or little. I mentioned that idea in my response.
DeleteYour example of the suprise party. It made me understand the quote better.
DeleteI like what you wrote because it really shows how you can connect with the quote. For example, you told about how you tried planning the surprise party, and that shows that you have a personal expierence with the quote.
DeleteI understand your example when you had to lie to your dad about the party. I know when you planning a surprise party, you do not want to tell the person your having it for to find out.
Delete
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in second grade, I was incredibly clever. It was a fun year, mostly. So here’s my story.
I was in second grade, it was in the middle of the year during the winter. I was in Reading about to go to lunch, and I asked my teacher for a bathroom pass. I went to the bathroom washing my hands and I began to get curious. If you know me, you know that curiosity kills the Katie. So I rinsed and dried my hands and looked at myself for a moment. Then I walked out into the hallway. {Now I’m sure everyone wants to know what the other genders bathroom looks like, and I took it into my hands to find out.} I swiveled and walked right into the boys’ bathroom.
It was horrible. It smelled, it was all baby blue . . . and the worst part . . . urinals. I was disgusted, and then I started laughing. I was immature. Then when I was done, I walked out. Only to face a teacher. She was a teacher I hadn’t ever had before, thank goodness. She stared me down, with that teacher-ly evil glare. I wasn’t going to say anything until she asked me,
“Now why are you in the boy’s bathroom?” She asked me, accusingly.
I cleverly replied, “Mrs. Blakesley sent me to look for the lost boys bathroom pass.”
“Did she now,” she pretended to be puzzled, “And why didn’t she send a boy?”
“She didn’t trust any of the boys to not fool around in the hallway.” I fired back.
“Why don’t we go ask your teacher?” She suggested. And there it was. I was done, found out. Until we got in the room. Mrs. Blakesley and the woman talked, and she came over and asked me if that was true. I was silent. Then she told me to think about what I’d done at my seat. So while I was ‘thinking’ I came up with a plan. Then she summoned me. She asked me if my story was true. And I told her,
“No. I lied because I thought I would be accused of lying. I was going to the water fountain and I was skipping, and the pass flew out of my hand and into the boys bathroom. I’m sorry.” And she nodded and told me if had actually gone in I would’ve been sent to the office.
This was a very funny comment because something similar happened to me.
DeleteWhat you told her was really clever, I never wouldv'e thought of that as an answer.
DeleteI completely agree with this quote. It really makes me think though. If you were to lie over something, whatever it may be, why do it? When you lie, everything usually turns out bad in the end. It wastes so much time and energy, like said in the quote, to take the time to lie about something. Telling the truth always makes something good in the end, rather than lying and having something bad occur in the end. Also, when looking at the last part of this quote where it says, “…I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” How I took that specific part of the quote is that when you tell a lie, you usually end up creating a problem that wasn’t even there. Then, that problem leads to something else which causes you to be in quite a stump. Well, if you are honest and genuine as the quote says, you shouldn’t have many problems and everything will be “peachy keen”. For example, telling someone a lie is so pointless and is such a waste of time that when you get into a bad situation and realize what you have done, it seems like you just wasted a bunch of free time that could have been used for something better. In the end, honesty over rules all. That is certainly something everyone can agree. So, why lie when you know it will just cause problems in the end?
ReplyDeleteI agree with the quote. If someone is going to lie about someone or something it is going to take more energy than to tell the truth. If someone does lie they have to think about what to say and whether it will work. Also telling a lie can hurt someone. After reading the quote I realized that if someone lies they will feel confined and trapped. However, if someone does not lie you can have a sense of freedom and you won’t have something tying you down. So the truth is that not only is it easier to tell the truth it will also relieve you and someone’s perspective of you won’t be affected. Another thought that I realized after reading the quote, was if someone does not lie you punishment will be decreased. For example if you commit a crime you will get a better punishment for confessing than for lying, going to court, and getting proven guilty. As you can see lying is a horrible option to choose when telling someone something. I, myself, can count many times where I lied and felt bad. However, when I confessed I got in more trouble than just confessing the first time. If people know that not only is lying bad that telling truth avoids further confusion and a severe punishment. Also not lying would result in better relationships and communication between different people. So, this quote is not only just a quote but a lesson for many people.
ReplyDeleteI agree when you stated that "It takes more energy to lie than to tell the truth" because I also mentioned that in my writing. Lying takes more energy because you have to think of what to lie about, whereas when you tell the truth you just state what you know.
DeleteI really loved how you said, "If someone lies, they feel confined and trapped." That is an excelent way to explain this quote. I never really thought of this untill reading this. The way you described this quote is better than anything I have ever wrote.
DeleteI like how you use commting a crime as an example.if you confess you won't get as bad as a punishment if you lie.
DeleteI agree with this statement because I can relate this to my life. There have been many times where I have tried to lie to my parents or other people and that lie spreads and becomes a bigger lie. I also agree that freedom and liberation comes from being honest and true. It really wears you down to be constantly thinking about what will happen to you if someone finds out that your lying or what you’re going to say next. I have done this so many times. For example, on time, when I was younger, my mom was about to run some errands and she told me to get my shoes on and get ready to go and I told her, “I’m tired about it! My foot hurts!” I ended up going on the errands, but my mom was starting to take what I had said seriously as I continuously told the lie that my foot hurts. She ended up taking me to the doctor’s office so they can check out my foot and see what is wrong, but nothing was wrong with my foot. This whole thing carried out for a while until I slowly stopped saying it. But later on we found out that I had taken a saying from a movie and used it as a lie. But it took all of that energy time and money just over a lie.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your thoughts. Telling a lie will wear you down and make you feel guilty. I wish I could of thought of that.
DeleteThis is a cool way of putting how lies may harm you. You said that you dragged a lie about your foot out for about a week and that it did nothing productive but just hurting you more.
DeleteI like the example you used because it really shows how lies can exponentially grow. If you let them sit then they will just end up getting worst just like your situation with your foot.
DeleteThis quote is very true. The author is saying that she doesn’t understand why people have to lie when if they are honest they could feel better about themselves. The author is right when she says that it does take a lot of energy to lie. You have to come up with a believable lie and you need a lot of evidence to make your lie sound true enough. Also it takes energy because you feel all of the guilt that comes with a lie. If you were honest and genuine then you wouldn’t have to take all of the time it takes to form a lie, you could just tell the truth and feel good about it. In the end, a lie is just you digging a hole, the more dig, the harder it is to get out of the hole. I’m not saying that I am perfect, I have had my fair share of lies. Like one time when I was in the 2rd grade. Me and my sisters were playing hide and go seek and I was the seeker. I looked in practically every room and still no luck, but I went into my parent’s room and found my little sister Kate. I knew that my older sister Natalie had to be in the room somewhere, so I opened my parent’s closet even though I knew that I wasn’t supposed to. My mom always told me to never look in her closet. But I did that day, and in the closet was a pink soccer ball. I knew that it was for me because it was almost my birthday and I loved playing soccer. I quickly shut the closet and pretended that I hadn’t opened it, but all of the sudden, Natalie comes out from behind the door and tells on me. When my mom asked if I had done it, I said no, but then Kate comes and tells that she saw me doing it too, so I was in even more trouble because I broke 2 rules now, lying, and looking in the closet.
ReplyDeleteHow did you know the author was a female? Instead of refering to them as she, you could say they. But I really liked the metaphor about digging a hole. It went along well with the quote and it made me put lying in perspective.
Delete“It takes so much energy to lie... I wish people could grasp the sense of freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.” I understand this quote fully. I mean, I’ve lied, haven’t we all? Although, lying isn’t always a negative thing. Sometimes you lie to protect a friends feelings or do it to help someone from getting hurt.
ReplyDeleteFor example, lots of people talk bad about each other. So, when if you hear someone talking bad about your best friend, do you tell them? You want to be honest with your best friend but you also want to prevent them from getting hurt. So maybe, if you lie to protect someone, you might just be doing it to help them. In that case, is it lying? You know, you are making them feel genuine..
I like the way that you put the quote in a sense of protecting your best friend's feelings. Now that i've seen your thoughts I do think that if you're lying to your best friend about something like that, it does make them feel genuine.
DeleteThis is very true, to relate it to your-self makes this quote mean something and helps me understand what you mean. For example, "I understand this quote fully. I mean, I’ve lied, haven’t we all? Although, lying isn’t always a negative thing. Sometimes you lie to protect a friends feelings or do it to help someone from getting hurt." I liekd how you explained what lying has an effect on.
DeleteIt Takes So Much Energy to Lie
ReplyDeleteWhat I think that this quote is trying to say is that it is so much easier to just tell the truth because if you tell lies then they may come back at you. Also, when you lie everything that comes out of lying will most likely effect you in one way. If you are trying to be nice and lie to make the person feel better, they may find out you were lying and you might not be as good of friends you were. When you are honest people can trust you, which is a very big thing because if nobody trusts you then you may not be able to build a strong friendship with that person. You also may not have to worry about as much as you would otherwise. Telling lies also can just weigh you down with stress. I remember when someone told a lie and they knew the other person found out. They were really upset and they regretted telling that lie. Telling lies usually does not work out in any way besides both of you getting hurt. Being honest can be so much easier too. If you are being honest then whatever you say should be at least meaningful to the other person. For example, if you say the paper was great even though it was bad they may not fix it and they could get a bad grade. If you tell them what is wrong then they will most likely take your advice, fix up their paper, and get a better grade then you telling a lie. It is so much easier to just tell the truth, so why would you lie?
I liked how you said that lying might backfire and cause friendship to end. I had talked about the same thing in my comment too.
DeleteTo me, this quote is very relatable and makes a lot of sense. I’m not perfect, I don’t always the truth 100% of the time, and I certainly do not always have the courage to admit that what I had said was not truthful.
ReplyDeleteLying is to me, a temporary solution. Sure, when you tell the lie you might get someone to think of you as a better person, or a wealthier person, or a smarter person, but that’s only temporary. By telling them that lie they might expect more from you. Trying to prove it is even worse. Lying will come back to haunt you. What I think this quote really means is that when you lie, you get held down by whatever lie you told. When you’re truthful however, you don’t need to worry about covering up your lies or making more. You can be yourself, and you can be free. I too have been caught lying because I tried to cover it up even more. I mean, it’s never been a huge lie like winning the lottery or having my own TV show in Japan, but it was still a lie. Lies will almost always affect you negativley in the long run.
This was similar to mine because I also said that telling lies can weigh you down, which it can. I also like how you added that you lies are only temporary and they will only hurt you.
DeleteIf this is true then it must have took “so much energy” to make this quote, I mean it is easy to lie, you have your “little white lies”,” so easy”, and your normal lies, “easy”, the only hard lie is the one you fail at then have to keep lying to avoid the real truth. This quote is just a statement to make you think lying is bad, but maybe it can help what if something happens and you or your friends may get in trouble it is easier to lie you way out ort it may hurt you in the long run. So here is another ex of who easy it is to lie: “I am a one eyed one horned purple people eater” BOOM a lie just like that took less than a second. Just who is Mama Zara probably just some adult who thinks kids should always tell the truth but come on adults in general lie all the time, do we just have to grow up before we learn the sad truth that all people lie? dono ?
ReplyDeleteI'd say you really understand this quote Pierce. Although you got the point, your grammer is pretty bad, I hope you try to correct it next time.
DeleteI agree because sometimes you do have to lie, but then again you don't always feel good about lying.
DeleteThis quote “It takes so much energy to lie... I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine” is stating that lying is not good. It takes time and thought to lie to someone. When you lie to someone, it takes a lot of energy, as the quote mentioned. Mama Zara is the author of this quote. She is trying to speak out to people and tell them that lying does not get you anywhere in life. If you want to be a person to look up to and successful, then you must be honest in life and speak the truth. When you are truthful to people, they will become to trust you more. So, when people trust you, there will be fewer problems in the world. When the author states “Freedom and Liberation” she means that you are doing something beneficial to the society. When I say beneficial to the society, I mean that you are not causing any problems to people. The world is full of problems. We the people need to fix these problems. In order to be able to correct the problems, we need to not lie. We need to be the most honest and trusting. The United Stated Government is in terrible shape right now. Part of when they are in terrible shape is because some of the people involved in the government are lying to the citizens. We can fix it, but we need to do it step by step. Lying is not the answer!
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you said that lying does not get you anywhere in life. This somehow relates to what I said.
Delete. I like how thoroughly you explained the quote. I liked your outlook on this quote, it helped me understand it a lot better.
DeleteIt takes so much energy to lie…
ReplyDelete“It takes so much energy to lie… I wish people could grasp the sense of the freedom and liberation that comes with being honest and genuine.”
I think that quote is unbelievably true. Mama Zara KushandWizdom, you are very intelligent for stating this quote. I, too believe that lying basically gets you absolutely nowhere. If you actually think that you can get through this world off of lying, then you’re insane. No matter what you do, if you lie about anything, it could harm you in any way possible. Even if you lied about doing one problem on your math homework, it could still get you hurt. Maybe that one problem that you didn’t do was on the test and if you had done it you would’ve known what the answer was but since you lied about it, you had no idea what to do. That’s not it, there is many ways that not doing that one problem on your homework could harm you. You always need to take into consideration, that if you lie on anything, it will hurt you. Lying is something that can do short term greatness, and then long term pain. What I say about that is that if you lie about something small, it will probably help you in getting where you were trying to go with that lie, but then you think that you’re off the hook but you’re really not. That one lie will stay with you for the rest of your life and make sure that you feel the other side of the lie.
I agree with your example about math homework. I think the reason teachers sometimes give homework and don't check it is that they know that you're only hurting yourself. They don't need to punish you- you're punishing yourself.
Delete
ReplyDelete“It takes so much energy to lie…”
I actually really get this quote, unlike the past two or three quotes that we’ve reflected on. What this quote is saying is that if you lie, it could become hard to keep that lie, and then there could be a web of lies that come from the first lie you made. When you’re honest and you don’t lie or anything, then you don’t have to worry about someone finding out that you were lying, whether it’s a big lie or a small one. Although to some, lying isn’t really hard for them after many times of lying. There are also some lies that aren’t really big or hurtful, called white lies. Everyone tells a white lie every once in a while. A white lie is a small or harmless lie, like a lie that you would tell to avoid hurting someone’s feelings. For example, If you say, “Oh, yeah. That makes sense,” when you really don’t even understand what he/she said, then that would be a white lie. I know this is something lots of people say, because even I say this sometimes. Another example would be if someone was 30 years old, but they say that they’re 29 because they think it sounds like they’re 20 years younger or whatever. Another white lie I tell every once in a while is that I’ll start working on the thing as soon as possible, but then not do it until later. I’m pretty sure other people have said that before, also.
I really like how you admitted to telling a lie, even though it was just a small white lie. I also liked how you explained how there can be consequences to lying.
DeleteI like how you said that to people who lie, lying comes easy after a while. I have always thought that it's sort of sad that people just lie all the time, so they automatically don't want to tell the truth.
DeleteI like how you had all your little examples, it reminded me of how we can say so many little white lies and not even really realise what you're doing.
DeleteI cant actually relate to this entire thing, because most of it is true in a sense, Some people can't stop lying once they start, even if it's small white lies or big lies.
DeleteIt takes so much energy to lie
ReplyDeleteI agree with this quote. But only half of it. It’s the half were it said that said it takes so much energy to lie. I agree because between trying to remember the lie and coming up with new one that go along with it it’s tiring. So I agree with it because it’s so tiring that eventually you can’t say the same lie anymore.
I agree with this, but it was a little confusing. For example, " I agree because between trying to remember the lie and coming up with new one that go along with it it’s tiring." I agree kinda with what your saying, but next time try and add more examples.
DeleteI see your point but I think that if you really tried then you could say the same lie over and over, it would just be really tiring to remember all the details.
DeleteBeing able to tell the truth all of the time is such an important value. There is nothing positive that can happen when someone tells a lie. Telling a fib may seem like an easy way out of an ugly situation, but in the long run that falsehood is going to creep up to haunt the liar. The main problem with lies is, that the more you lie the more frequent the lies occur. I think of lies as a train that cannot stop. The more lies you tell the faster and more dangerous the train becomes. Eventually that train is going to fall right off of a cliff when the lie(s) becomes too enormous to handle any longer.
ReplyDeleteI think that the quote is also saying that saying the truth gives you such a great feeling of freedom. I completely agree with this idea. Your conscious is at rest once again and your mind will be at ease after telling the truth. Being honest gives you such freedom that telling a lie and getting rid of that feeling of freedom is pointless.
I have absolutely no clue why anyone would lie. A lie just makes a problem grow. There must be some sort of reason to lie, because it happens all the time. I am not at all saying that I have never lied and will never lie again. What I am trying to say is that I try to tell the truth as much as possible and many people should also try to do this. Breaking the habit of lying is very difficult, but I believe that it can be achieved by anyone who really puts in effort.
I like how you explained this. I didn't think about how when you don't lie you get a sense of freedom, I only thought about how you would not feel pressured with the lie.
DeleteI agree with this quote because it’s true. If you lie to your parents you probably have to think of a really good lie to fool them. Once me and my friends where hanging out and we were alone. My brothers and sister where not home and my mom was at work. My friend isn’t allowed to be at friend’s house unless there is an adult, but she told her mom that one of my older brothers where home and her mom believed it. Sadly it came to bight her in the bum. Later her mom found out that my brother wasn’t really home and we both got in trouble. My friend in the first place should have told her mom the truth because she really wouldn’t of cared if there was someone home or not. My friend didn’t know that her mom was coming early to my house so she found out. If she knew her mom was coming maybe she could of thought of a better lie, but it’s better if she would have never lied in the first place. My friend then learned not to lie to her mom and that next time think before you do.
ReplyDeleteI really like this example, its current and I can relate to it. I have been in the same situation but I didn't lie to my mom I just told that someone wouldn't be home and she still let me go.
DeleteI agree with this quote, when we lie first of all we have to think of something that sounds like the truth and then we have to remember all the details of the lie and we have to be cautious because the lie could come up at any time so it’s really just a pain. Sometimes though we lie to protect people and I think that in some circumstances that is ok but, there are other times when we think that we have the person’s best interest in mind but we really might not. And then there are those little white lies that you probably tell people more often than you think, those are the lies that can be really harmful but they can also be useful. I might tell my mom a little white lie if I don’t want to explain something to her or if I don’t want her to know something. But when you don’t want someone to know something then it might start out as a little white lie and then it could grow into something much bigger involving different people that you told different things to and then you have to keep your stories straight and it’s just a huge mess. These are the really harmful lies that cause the biggest problems. So to take all of that hassle away why don’t we just stop lying? I think it’s because we still have the instinct to protect ourselves and other around us so we do that by lying, we make ourselves seem less vulnerable by either changing a story to make it more interesting or telling someone a complete lie to protect yourself or someone else. So is it really our faults that we lie? I’d say yes and no. It’s natural for us to lie because that’s what we grow up doing, it’s like trying to stop breathing when most of the time we don’t even notice when we’re doing it. I don’t think that we will ever be a perfect society, I think that there will always be lying but we can cut back on lying by a lot if we just think before we speak. I think that if we all try to stop lying for just one day then we will see how much better we are without lies.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you said about, "Little white lies". I have often been told one thing and have a friend tell me she was told another, and then we know the person who told us was lying.
ReplyDeleteIt takes so much energy Lie
ReplyDeleteI only agree with half of this quote, mostly because it doesn’t make sense on how simply moving your lips can waste your energy. Of course I know that whoever said or wrote that was speaking metaphorically, but I’m sure you know what I mean. In my opinion it only takes “energy” depending on the one telling the lie, and the one he/she is talking to. For instance the one telling the lie could just be a simple person, I just says something like “It’s at my house” or something along those lines, which takes no energy at all. The one telling the lie can also be someone overly complicated, so makes a lie that is so. But like I said earlier, it also depends on the one the liar is talking to, if she/he is also simple, she/he will reply with a nod or a simple reply. If it’s someone that doesn’t quite believe you, she/he’ll either ask a bunch of questions to disapprove you, or sometimes agree knowing you lied to them deliberately. As for the honesty part, I do believe that people should indeed tell the truth more often, because then there would be less problems in life. Though I suppose it’d be ok to lie once in a while, not because you want to avoid trouble or anything, but because maybe you want to spare someone’s feelings, or you want to stop someone from worrying about you, which a lot of people do.