To me this quote means that when you do something and you don’t put in your best effort you can’t be upset about the good results that you didn’t receive. For example, and easy way to understand it is if someone does not put in their best effort in homework, classwork, and test they will probably not get good grades. However, that person should be unhappy that they got bad grades. It was their fault though. This quote relates to everything from friends, sports, family, and school. I feel that many people don’t put in their best effort and complain to others when complaining won’t do anything. In order to achieve that goal you wanted to you must try hard and be diligent. For example if someone plays a team sport and their team did not do well you have to think about if you put in your best effort. That person can’t complain to other teammates about how one person did not do something or the coach did not lead well. That person must think about if they put in all their effort and how they can improve in their next game. This quote also makes me think of when someone feels too lazy to do an assignment. When first receiving a project or paper the person might feel lazy and won’t do it. However, when the quarter ends and they get a bad grade on it that person can’t complain about how they didn’t get a bad grade. This quote would be helpful to many people. However, that person must get this message at the right time. This person can be anyone. If people knew about his quote they would try harder and complain less at the end. This quote is makes people realize why a low level of work and procrastinating affects someone.
This was very well written, with a good variety of vocabulary and sentence structure. The response also shed this quote in a different light then which I had previously thought of.
I agree with you that not doing your work affects other people. I also agree that should not be surprised with the result if you didn't put in the effort. I like you sports related example.
I really like how you said that a person can't complain about their other teammates or complain about the coach, insteaad think about what you can do better. I like this because I can apply this example to my life.
“Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” I understand this quote completely. It makes so much sense to me when I actually think about it. I’m almost positive that it is saying something like this example; Okay so, there is this test that you have to take in one of your classes. You were assigned the night before to study really hard for this test, and you don’t. You know what this is going to lead to… right? It means you’re going to get a bad score on your test. You get that bad score because you didn’t do the work that was assigned… which was to study really hard for that test. So going right next to the quote, you’re upset with results. The results in your life was the poor test score. Then the quote says, “The work you didn’t do.” The work that you didn’t do was the extra hard studying the night before that your teacher assigned you. That is one way I thought of this quote out of the two ways that this quote came to me. Okay, so the second way I had thought about this quote was that maybe it was sort of a cause and effect scenario. I am saying that I think this, because if you think of it like that, it could be something like you didn’t do this, and this, the results, didn’t happen. An example that I can think of is with a sport. So you had to go and get your baseball bat for the game you are having this weekend and you forgot that you needed to go to the sports store and get your baseball bat. That was the cause, and here’s the effect; when it is your turn to bat at your game, you don’t have a baseball bat to hit the ball with, therefore, forcing you not to bat at the game. Something completely different could’ve happened if you had that bat but nothing else did because you didn’t buy your baseball bat.
I f you don't bring your bat to the game, then that shows that you didn;t show the effort you put in to preparing for the game.You should expect your result to be as good as your effort.
Once there was a girl named Anna. Anna really loved to get good grades, and felt great when her parents we proud of her for them. She decided to try out for her schools soccer team. Anna made the team! She knew this mean hard work in soccer and also trying harder in school because she had soccer practice 5 days a week for 2 hours. There were many occasions where Anna decided that after soccer, she wanted to take a shower, eat, and then go straight to bed, without doing any of her work. Anna’s mother started to notice that her grades were slipping, so she talked with Anna. Anna said, “I really do want good grades, but I have a lot on my plate with the soccer team.” When the time of Report cards rolled around, Anna was very upset. She could not believe what her grades were! Anna received a D in science, a C in math, and a D in History. Anna was so upset by this because she cared so much about her grades, but she had to show her mother her report card. When Anna handed her mother the card, her mother was enraged, “I cannot believe this Anna! You’re always such a good student, what had gotten into you?!” Anna did not know what to say, but she somehow managed to get the words out of her mouth, “I’m sorry Mom, I just have very little time for school work with all of my soccer practices and games. Although, trust me, I am just upset by this as you are.” Anna’s mother replied, “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.”
I like how you were so different from anybody else, and made your own little story. It was also a story that was written well. I like the idea of not just saying what you think the quote means and actuall making it into a story.
Wow this Anna girl seems really cool, I really liked how you explained this quote as a story instead of just saying what it means. You hooked me in and I completely understood and realated to everything that you were talking about.
This quote simply means that you need to try and do your best. If you did badly on a test and received an E (A failing grade) but decided not to do half the questions. You have to try everything you know and do your best, if you wanted that A, don’t stop trying, you might get it. One time I was doing bad in math, mainly because I would never show my work, practice at home, and ignore the teacher a lot. I then had a test and I bombed it beyond bad, I got a twenty-five out of one-hundred. I was almost instantly grounded, but then my parents saw my homework was never turned in, so the grounding was extended. I then went in and fixed my errors and did my best getting my overall grade to around a seventy percent. I now do my homework and pay attention more often. I just felt upset though because of my grade, I felt I was perfectly fine in school, but that quickly changed and I saw all of my mistakes. Just remember, don’t think you deserve something, for nothing, do all your work and try your best.
I understand what you are saying, but I think that you could relate more to the real world, and not just school. You said, ". One time I was doing bad in math, mainly because I would never show my work, practice at home, and ignore the teacher a lot. I then had a test and I bombed it beyond bad, I got a twenty-five out of one-hundred." I liked how you related this quote to your life, but it would have been nice to read about not all school.
First of all, I’m going to start out by saying that either way, this quote is completely true. Whether it says the results you did get and the work you did do, or the results you didn’t get and the work you didn’t do, it’s still probably my favorite quote of all of them. First of all, I like this because it didn’t take me long to process, because it instantly hit me as many real-life experiences. I’m going to tell you a story. So in my life, I have had a large history of procrastination. Especially with reading (sorry Mrs. Bliven) I didn’t get very good results if I didn’t read the book in either my English or reading classes all my life, but I’ve some-what improved it. Same thing with math class. I would do my homework (most of the time) and then I wouldn’t study for the test and then I’d do badly. This quote is extremely true in that respect. Although thinking of the quote in a positive manor, replacing the “cant’s and didnt’s” with “cans and dids,” I have another story. It’s about my shot-put record in 7th grade. I saw that I had a 19ft score, and that the highest in the grade was 21, and I became fierce with determination. I lifted weights for two weeks after that and proceeded to try again and I got a 24ft score! And I aslo got the record. ] So basically, no matter which way you slice it, this quote is true.
The way you demonstrated that the opposite of this quote is true was very relatable. In most all of our lives, there are instances when we want something so badly that we can taste it so to speak. I enjoyed your examples.
Don’t Be Upset Quote “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do” I can somewhat agree to what this quote is saying because I have done it myself. I had to do a worksheet for a class and it looked easy so I didn’t even try on I just pretty much guessed through the whole thing and then when my teacher was passing the worksheet back I was thinking in my mind that I had got a good grade on it thinking “ oh that was an easy worksheet” but when I got my paper back I got a 7 out of 15 and I was very upset so I can kind of relate to what this quote is trying to say except for I actually did the worksheet. Another good example is when your report card comes in and you find out that you are failing a class and you are upset there is no reason to be upset because you obviously weren’t trying or your grade wouldn’t have been that low, you didn’t care so you didn’t try and that has happened to me to many times for me not to understand if I don’t care then I don’t try and I know that a lot of people can agree to this also.
This quote is definitely saying that if you don’t try or work hard in whatever you do, you can only blame yourself. This is not only focusing on school it also applies to whatever you do. It is saying to not be upset with the work or project or even practice you did not do, because the result of your actions will show in one way or another. For example, if I don’t study for a big test, the result will show on my final grade. Also, if my dad has to make a presentation for a meeting, and he doesn’t spend a lot of time on it, his boss will get angry and the result will not be good. In Baker or any middle school anywhere, the kids who did not do their school work will be upset with their grade. I think this quote is teaching a lesson to us all about hard work and effort. To sum up what this quote is saying is, always try your hardest and if you don’t, you will eventually pay the consequences, one way or another. Do what you are told and not what you want. In life this quote is very important.
When I was writing my reflection, I was also thinking about how people don't try. You can't get upset if you don't put your best effort towards something.
This applies to a lot of people. To give an example that has to do with school, if you’re going to be in accelerated Spanish, you have to study. Whenever we take tests or quizzes, the people around me are always complaining about how poorly they did. Mrs. Hardy always asks, “Did you study?”, and they always say, “Well, no, but I thought. . .” I had a teacher in seventh grade, and I loved what he always said after we got back our tests, “What do you mean, ‘Why did you give me a D?’ I didn’t give you anything. You earned a D.” In fifth grade our teachers made us enter the American Legion Essay Contest. I had one friend who really wanted to win the prize. I mean, sure, everyone wants to win, but for some reason she really did. I think her older sister had won it or something. Well, she really hated writing, and she didn’t really work on her essay at all until the night before it was due, and she told us all the next day when she handed it in that she didn’t even try on it. We heard of the winners sometime after that, and needless to say, she wasn’t one of them. She was extremely surprised and upset for some reason. I guess she just thought it was a given that she’d win. “But you said you didn’t try at all.” I asked her. “Knowing that, how could you expect to win?” “I’m a good writer. I should have at least placed,” she responded. It seems like she was being outrageous, but trust me, all of us have thought like that at some point, regardless of whether or not we realize it. We hold ourselves up higher than you think.
I agree with you on how some people agree with how they hold themselves high up. Some people simple think because they're good at something that they should be excused from doing it. In my opinion these are the people that are ego-maniacs, or the people that instantly think they're better than other people because their money, education, physical ability, and race. I guess that those are ego-maniacs though
I think I get this quote, when you don’t do something then you shouldn’t expect results. If I didn’t do charity work then I shouldn’t expect to be recognized for doing that charity work. This also kind of works the opposite way. If I did do the charity work then I might expect to be rewarded but you won’t always get the results that you want, if I wanted a metal or something but all I got was that my charity work helped a lot of people then I might still be upset because I didn’t get the results that I wanted even though the real results were good. I think that the quote should be more along the lines of “don’t be upset by the wrong results.” Most things have a result whether you did the work or not. If my boss told me to write an important paper then I might expect a raise if I do it, I could do the paper and get a raise, I could do the paper and not get a raise, but if I don’t do the paper then chances are that I don’t get a raise but instead the result could be me getting fired. So this quote really isn’t all that good if you think about it because whether you do the work or not you’re still going to get some sort of result, there’s always a chance that you won’t get the result that you wanted, so then really the only thing wrong with this quote is the wording. If it had said something about doing the work but still not getting the results that you wanted then I think that it would be a better.
I understand this quote “Don’t be upset by the result you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” This to me means that to do something right or get something correct means you have to actually do it or try your hardest. Once I had to try out for a soccer team and to get on this team I had to get around a 7 minute mile but I got 15 seconds less then what was required. I didn’t make the team even though I tried my hardest, but for sure it was better than not trying at all. I know I’m going to try out for this team again this year and I will try harder on this mile then before. This quote can also relate to my school work. Once I got a homework assignment and I didn’t do it. The teacher gave me a bad grade and I was fine with that because if you do something bad there is bound for something bad to happen to you. So I had to deal with the bad grade and now I know that will happen for anything especially school. So this quote “Don’t be upset by the result you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do,” to me means that if you work hard you will get the best result you can get, but if you don’t try at all then the result will be bad.
Good job, I liked how you fliped this quote around when you said, "I didn’t make the team even though I tried my hardest, but for sure it was better than not trying at all." You showed that some times if you do try, you can't always be satisfied with the results. I feel it was not necessary to repeat the quote a second time, but it was still good.
After a couple times of reading this quote, the meaning is pretty crystal clear. You can’t be expecting some amazing results if you put absolutely no effort into making it amazing. This quote also applies to most places and relationships. It holds true in sports, school, friendships or even at home with your family. For example, if you gave no effort in being nice and loving to your siblings or anyone in your family, chances are that when you get older none of your family is going to go out of their way to visit you. Why should they if you were not very nice to them? I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want to spend time with people who act like that. The same goes with friendships. With school, this applies to nearly all of the work we do. From papers in English to studying for a math exam, if you put no effort into doing these things, the chances are that you are going to get a the grade that matches the amount of effort that you put into it. This quote is saying that you should not be expecting a great grade if you haven’t put a great amount of effort into what you had been doing.
I love the examples you used to show your knowledge of this quote. The one about relationships is very smart to think about and I never thought about it like that until reading what you wrote. Nice job (:
Don’t be upset for by the results. I completely agree with this quote. In the fact that you only get credit for the work that you do then this applies completely. I can relate to this quote because one time I was doing my chores and didn’t exactly do them well. So it was Friday and I went up to my dad to get my allowance money and he said,” you can’t have your allowance, because I’m not going to pay you for something that is half done”. This is an example of this quote because I couldn’t be upset by the result of not getting my allowance because I can’t get credit for the work I didn’t do. This is how the quote is true. It also works in reverse you can be satisfied by the results you do get with the work you did do.
I agree, when you said "I can relate to this quote because one time I was doing my chores and didn’t exactly do them well. So it was Friday and I went up to my dad to get my allowance money and he said,” you can’t have your allowance, because I’m not going to pay you for something that is half done”." I liked how you said something about your daily life of how it applies to you. This also relates to me, with my chores, like if I don't put in effort, I don't get any allowence for them.
Um… Ok this is an interesting quote “don’t be upset with the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do” I mean what is this, it’s worded terribly, and it really only works well for school. I guess it could work for sports, but seeing as I do not do sports I does not really matter in the comment. The wording is terrible why not “don’t get upset with the results you didn’t get, for the work you didn’t do” it may not have the best grammar but it may be easier to understand, or it may not be this could imply some other thing, I just tried to reword the quote part by part so the “didn’t do” part may not be the best. ok so this is still sort of a good quote I mean if you understand but just hate it anyway so just read some other comment that explains this quote better than me or keep reading I do not care. The is basically saying that (in school terms) if you don’t turn in your work don’t be mad if you get a bad grade (a Z or zero) on it .
“Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” As a student, I see this quote every day. What this quote means is that if you don’t do your best at something then you aren’t going to be happy with what you get out of it. For example, one time when I was in 6th grade, I didn’t pay attention in class so when I got home I didn’t put 100% effort into my math homework. The next day when I turned it in I found that I got most of the questions wrong which really upset me because my teacher suggested that I come see her at lunch. I ended up understanding everything but I had to give up a lunch just to learn a simple thing because I was not paying attention. Another example in this show called Ugly Betty. This girl named Betty has to lie because her dad got deported to Guadalajara in Mexico and she works for this fashion magazine called Mode. She has to lie to her boss because this lady named Wilhelmina wants to rule the magazine and it turns out that she is having an affair with her bodyguard when she is supposed to be marrying Betty’s boss’s father. There is so much going on in the show, I’m not going to try to explain it all. Point is, she had to lie and she lost her job just for not telling her boss so her dad could come home. She knew what would happen if she didn’t tell him but she did it anyway because family was more important to her than her job.
Don’t be sad that you got your grade, you deserved it if you didn’t put effort in to your work. If you don’t do the work then you can’t get good grades. Right? So why would the results be good if you didn’t take time and effort to get the task accomplished. That’s like copying off of someone else’s paper and not understanding the work you just copied. When that unit test rolls around and you still don’t know anything, you’re screwed. You should also know the results of you test, which aren’t good either. Effort is key to this quote. If you don’t put in effort to anything you do in your life, then you will live a sad life. However, if you do put effort into your work, then you will have most of the things you want like happiness and maybe a family. Your work reflects your effort you put into your work ethic. So, if you are upset with your work and you didn’t put effort into it, then you should be sad because you didn’t show you cared. You should also know your result if you did or didn’t put effort into your work.
I really like the example you used when talking about copying. If you don't do work, then you should not expect a good grade. I also liked how you tied everything together into a few ideas.
“Don’t be upset by your results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” I agree with this quote. In football if you don’t do your job( like blocking someone) don’t be upset that you are probably not start in the next game and get yelled by the coaches it was your fault. Also if you didn’t do a huge project and class and you have a D now it was your fault in the first place. A lot of people didn’t these days don’t care about their grade, but when their older and they have a bad job that doesn’t help support your family it is your fault that you didn’t do a good job.
I understand your examples and I like how you had more than one, but I don't think that getting one D could really cause you to not be able to support you family. In the sixth grade I got an E on a test but I get straight A's now.
I agree with what you said. I liked when you explained "In football if you don’t do your job( like blocking someone) don’t be upset that you are probably not start in the next game and get yelled by the coaches it was your fault." This helped me really understand this quote better in real life.
This is cool how you put the quote into your life as a football player. It's true, if you don't block someone in football you won't get the results you wanted.
i agree to what you are saying but i didn't quite understand where you were coming from with the football because if you know that you can do your job well but you fail you should be upset
This saying is so very true. I have definitely experienced this many times in a lot of different situations, but the one place that this quote mostly takes place in is on the soccer field. My team is pretty good, we play very hard, but sadly, this results in many injuries. When you have and injury, my coach still makes you come to all of the practices and go to all of the games. What really bothers me is when after the game (if we lose,) the injured players get all mad. Well first of all, you didn’t play the game, you weren’t on the field, you were on the bench, you did nothing to help us win, so don’t be upset! It is not just the injured players that do this too, it is the parents also. We can hear them on the sidelines getting all angry when we do something wrong. I cannot stand them at all! Actually, it isn’t just soccer that experiences this quote, it is all sports. Just like this past weekend, when the Redskins played, they apparently stunk, a lot of people are getting all worked up about this. Saying RG3 is a bad player and all. But you can only get upset if you are actually playing the game, you can’t get mad at the outcome of the game if you were just watching.
I didn't think about how this quote could be interpreted in sports, back when I did the swimteam I remember all of the parents getting upset when people other than their kids lost, I just couldn't understand what the big deal was.
“Don’t be upset with the results you don’t get with the work you didn’t do” I think this quote can apply to any aspect of life. Even if it’s soccer, school, or family matters. Sometimes in the most interesting and most fun class in the entire world, (math with Mrs. Emmerich) I forget to do my homework. The result is a big fat zero for doing nothing. Even in soccer this quote can apply. Not playing at all, but losing 9-0 can even exemplify this quote. The opposite of this quote also works; Doing really well, but not being proud of your work. Say, for example, you get 100% on a test, in that absolutely splendid math class, but not being proud of the extraordinary grade in which you have received. That shows the quote too because of the absence of a feeling, or state of mind, about the said grade. Also, if you’ve scored a goal in soccer, but still lost the game, be proud that you scored the goal that could’ve changed the course of the game, and won you the game. Another example of this quote is completely bombing a quiz, but feeling like you did well.
I don't really understand these examples. How are you upset by the results that you did get, if someone were to got a 100% on a test then why would they not be proud, they wouldn't feel bad about it so they still would be getting the results that they wanted.
The quote “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do” is saying that you cannot be upset when you didn’t do something. If you do not do your work, then you should expect nothing in return. For example, if you are at school and you do not do your assignment, then you should know you are not going to get a passing grade. You cannot be upset about that because that your fault. This quote can also be used in an opposite way. If you said it in a positive way it would sound like “Be proud by the results you got with the work you did.” That is completely different from the quote originally. It is telling you to be satisfied with the work you did do and got a good grade on. This quote can relate to our society right now. The US Government is messed up. The people that are supported are that upset with the situation. They say that they are just surprised of the problem. They should be upset because they are damaging the citizen’s lives. Some of the people of the US are losing their insurance. They do not know what to do. The government has not been working hard and that is why they should be upset. This quote can apply in our everyday life.
I agree with you but I don't think that everytime you get a positive result then you're happy about it because that might not have been the result you were looking for.
This quote is 100% spot on in my mind. I see this happen every day, and to be honest it really bothers me. What many children, and even adults don’t realize is that if you want the best results, you can’t take shortcuts and just show little to no effort. I hear people complain about things like this every day. In class: “But you only gave me half credit on the worksheet just because it was late!” At home: “You said that I could go out if my room was clean, and to my standards it is!” Like stop, girl. Water bug. Okay sorry that was a really bad Vine reference. What I’m trying to say is that people learn to expect getting what they think they deserve, instead of what they actually deserve. They hold things to their own standards instead of what should really be the lowest acceptable standard. However, the opposite of this quote is also true. You should be proud of something that you worked hard on. Even if someone else does not think it might be the best option or solution, if you really tried your best then that’s all that matters.
I agree with how you said that sometimes people have lower standards for themselves than other people do. I think people are biased towards themselves and always think they are right.
I totally get what you're saying, when you have lower standards for your work then you will expect higher results but if your standards are lower than someone elses then you won't get the results that you wanted, but you still shouldn't be upset because it was your fault.
As a student and an athlete, this quote has a big impact on my life. This quote means that you shouldn’t be upset with bad results when the work is not even yours or you didn’t put in any effort. This takes a big factor in schools today, because there are so many ways for students to copy answers with today’s technology and the way people do things can usually be lazy and not well done. For example, if a student had to write an essay on a summary of a book then they could be tempted to either copy it off google or they could do it very sloppy and not well done. In life this is a challenging thing with people of today because there is so many different ways to cheat on work or athletics. For example, if you are asked to do a workout schedule over a month for soccer, and you just cheat yourself out of doing it, even though you were supposed to do it. Most of the time people don’t do what they are asked of, like they do most things lazy and does not put a lot of effort into the task.
I had not thought of this quote in the sense of plagiarism or cheating in sports. I am glad that you pointed that out. It helped me understand this quote even better.
Right as I read, "As a student and an athlete, this quote has a big impact on my life" Nice openeing sentence! This opened my eyes to a better perspective!
I agree with your examples because where you said many kids get there answers of technology I hadn’t thought of how that isn’t really trying. Good job :)
Don’t Be Upset “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” I think that this quote means that if you don’t get the results you want then you probably didn’t do the work that was required to get the results. An example of this in my life is when I was when I was studying for my math test in 7th grade, I thought that it was going to be an easy test but it ended up being really hard and at the end of the quarter I ended up getting a B in the class instead of an A all because of me not studying. At first I didn’t realize why I got a B and my mom kept on asking what happened. I kept on telling her that I didn’t know and then I realized that the whole realized that it was because I did not study. I couldn’t be mad at my teacher, I couldn’t be upset with anything else except myself because I didn’t work for the grade.
I agree with your response because the math I am in now is a lot more difficult than I originally thought. I have to study more and obviously do more homework. I am going to end up getting a B because, like you, did not study as much as I should have.
“Don’t Be Upset” What this quote means is that you shouldn’t be upset or even disappointed if you get bad results of something if the work isn’t even yours. For example, if you copied off of someone on a test, and they aren’t that smart so you and the other person get bad grades on it, then you shouldn’t be upset because you weren’t the one that answered. You didn’t do the work so you shouldn’t expect to get good results for the test. It could also mean that you shouldn’t be upset with your bad results because maybe you didn’t try hard enough. An example of that could be in P.E. If you weren’t trying hard enough at whatever sport it is that you were playing, then it’s your fault your grade is bad. This also applies to other stuff, whether it’s at home, at some sport, or in one of your classes in school.
I agree with what you are saying because you really shouldn't be upset with somthing that you didn't try on or that wasn't yours because you didn't obliviously care enough to be that upset.
This quote takes a lot of meaning in a person’s life. They may not realize it, but it does. I feel as if everyone should take personal meaning and live somewhat by this quote. First of all, this quote can defiantly refer to your life whether in sports, academics, or outside of both of those. One example is in school. If you were told to study for an upcoming test (which you do), chances are you will do good and achieve a good grade. But, you can’t be upset when you fail the test if you chose not to study. This quote can apply to a sport you’re playing as well. If you don’t push yourself to try your hardest to get better at something, being upset of the fact that you didn’t get better won’t help anything if you know you didn’t try. You should always try your best at anything you do because in the end you’ll usually end up being happy with the results. So this quote can relate to a lot of people for a lot of reasons.
Don’t be upset I agree with this quote completely, because I know of its meaning firsthand. You should not be upset by the results you didn’t get for the work you didn’t do, because you didn’t do the work. This is basically saying that you can’t really be upset for something you didn’t do, because you didn’t do it. The first example that I can really think of the top of my head, because I have this problem myself, is schoolwork. Some people, including myself, have problems with actually doing their homework. Then when the time comes for them to turn it in, they get upset because they didn’t do their work on time. Frankly when this happens to me, I don’t get upset because it was my fault in the first place. I should’ve been more responsible and done my homework beforehand instead of not doing it at all, or doing it last second. School isn’t the only example there is however, but as I said earlier, it was the first example that popped into my head. Another example that I can give is sports. Say that you didn’t try your absolute best while playing a game like football, basketball, or soccer. Because you didn’t try your best, your team lost and know you’re disappointed at yourself because you lost. You don’t really have the right to be disappointed, because you didn’t try.
I agree with your outlook on this quote it is true that you cant be upset if you didn't try but also I liked how you incorporated a real thing that a lot of people can relate to schoolwork.
I understand this quote because what it is trying to say is that if you do not try your best then you cannot argue with the result. If you decide that you want to just not try at a sport or at an activity then you should not expect great results. If you spend time and practice, then you will most likely do better than you would otherwise. For example, in school you decide that you are going to be lazy and not do work. Then, after you look at your grade you realize that it was a mistake, but you should not get upset because it was your choice. If you just decided to do the work then you would have a better grade, and you would never have to been upset. No matter which one you pick you should not get upset in any way. It was your idea and your actions that caused you to do that, and the teacher really had no say in it. What I really am trying to say is that if you do not do your job then you should not expect a good result. When I was younger I never really wanted to do work because that was when I just started school. In Kindergarten I was very bad at reading, and I really just wondered why because I thought that I would know this stuff on my own. I then realized that because I didn’t read at my house so I was not getting any really good practice in. I kept practicing with my parents and then I actually got a lot better at it then I thought I ever would. At that time I realized that I should just do the work and not worry about it because then I would be upset, which I shouldn’t be.
The first thing that I thought of when I read this quote happened about 10 minutes ago (This shows how often these quotes occur throughout our daily lives). During lunch, there was a sign- up sheet for the basketball team at our school. I was trying to get one of my friends to sign up with me. This friend has played basketball on my rec. basketball team since first grade, and I considered her as being a very good basketball player. The main reason that she wouldn’t sign up was that she didn’t think she would make the team. She hadn’t even done the tryouts yet, and she was already disappointed with the results that hadn’t come. I think that this example illustrates this quote very well. My friend was upset with the results she didn’t get with the work she didn’t do. There were much more than one of my friends who faced this challenge. I personally think that they handled the situation very poorly. I am very unsure whether or not I will make the basketball team this year, but at least I am going to participate in the tryouts to find out my results.
To me this quote means that when you do something and you don’t put in your best effort you can’t be upset about the good results that you didn’t receive. For example, and easy way to understand it is if someone does not put in their best effort in homework, classwork, and test they will probably not get good grades. However, that person should be unhappy that they got bad grades. It was their fault though. This quote relates to everything from friends, sports, family, and school. I feel that many people don’t put in their best effort and complain to others when complaining won’t do anything. In order to achieve that goal you wanted to you must try hard and be diligent. For example if someone plays a team sport and their team did not do well you have to think about if you put in your best effort. That person can’t complain to other teammates about how one person did not do something or the coach did not lead well. That person must think about if they put in all their effort and how they can improve in their next game. This quote also makes me think of when someone feels too lazy to do an assignment. When first receiving a project or paper the person might feel lazy and won’t do it. However, when the quarter ends and they get a bad grade on it that person can’t complain about how they didn’t get a bad grade. This quote would be helpful to many people. However, that person must get this message at the right time. This person can be anyone. If people knew about his quote they would try harder and complain less at the end. This quote is makes people realize why a low level of work and procrastinating affects someone.
ReplyDeleteThis was very well written, with a good variety of vocabulary and sentence structure. The response also shed this quote in a different light then which I had previously thought of.
DeleteI agree when you said "You don't put in your best effort." I mentioned something similar to that. I said that you don't even accomplish something.
DeleteI agree with you that not doing your work affects other people. I also agree that should not be surprised with the result if you didn't put in the effort. I like you sports related example.
DeleteI really like how you said that a person can't complain about their other teammates or complain about the coach, insteaad think about what you can do better. I like this because I can apply this example to my life.
DeleteDon’t Be Upset
ReplyDelete“Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.”
I understand this quote completely. It makes so much sense to me when I actually think about it. I’m almost positive that it is saying something like this example; Okay so, there is this test that you have to take in one of your classes. You were assigned the night before to study really hard for this test, and you don’t. You know what this is going to lead to… right? It means you’re going to get a bad score on your test. You get that bad score because you didn’t do the work that was assigned… which was to study really hard for that test. So going right next to the quote, you’re upset with results. The results in your life was the poor test score. Then the quote says, “The work you didn’t do.” The work that you didn’t do was the extra hard studying the night before that your teacher assigned you. That is one way I thought of this quote out of the two ways that this quote came to me. Okay, so the second way I had thought about this quote was that maybe it was sort of a cause and effect scenario. I am saying that I think this, because if you think of it like that, it could be something like you didn’t do this, and this, the results, didn’t happen. An example that I can think of is with a sport. So you had to go and get your baseball bat for the game you are having this weekend and you forgot that you needed to go to the sports store and get your baseball bat. That was the cause, and here’s the effect; when it is your turn to bat at your game, you don’t have a baseball bat to hit the ball with, therefore, forcing you not to bat at the game. Something completely different could’ve happened if you had that bat but nothing else did because you didn’t buy your baseball bat.
I f you don't bring your bat to the game, then that shows that you didn;t show the effort you put in to preparing for the game.You should expect your result to be as good as your effort.
DeleteOnce there was a girl named Anna. Anna really loved to get good grades, and felt great when her parents we proud of her for them. She decided to try out for her schools soccer team. Anna made the team! She knew this mean hard work in soccer and also trying harder in school because she had soccer practice 5 days a week for 2 hours. There were many occasions where Anna decided that after soccer, she wanted to take a shower, eat, and then go straight to bed, without doing any of her work. Anna’s mother started to notice that her grades were slipping, so she talked with Anna. Anna said, “I really do want good grades, but I have a lot on my plate with the soccer team.” When the time of Report cards rolled around, Anna was very upset. She could not believe what her grades were! Anna received a D in science, a C in math, and a D in History. Anna was so upset by this because she cared so much about her grades, but she had to show her mother her report card. When Anna handed her mother the card, her mother was enraged, “I cannot believe this Anna! You’re always such a good student, what had gotten into you?!” Anna did not know what to say, but she somehow managed to get the words out of her mouth, “I’m sorry Mom, I just have very little time for school work with all of my soccer practices and games. Although, trust me, I am just upset by this as you are.” Anna’s mother replied, “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.”
ReplyDeletePowerful, I like this. Did you make this up completely? It makes me wonder...
DeleteI like that you wrote a story instead of trying to explain the quote. It was refreshing and fun to read.
DeleteI liked your story! It was fun to read and it really expressed a good way of showing this quote, nice job
DeleteCute little story, I had an expierience just like Anna. I just decided not to do my work when I was bored. Thankfully that idea is gone.
DeleteWow this is a first I have never seen a comment like this! Good job Colleen.
DeleteI like how you were so different from anybody else, and made your own little story. It was also a story that was written well. I like the idea of not just saying what you think the quote means and actuall making it into a story.
DeleteWow this Anna girl seems really cool, I really liked how you explained this quote as a story instead of just saying what it means. You hooked me in and I completely understood and realated to everything that you were talking about.
DeleteThis quote simply means that you need to try and do your best. If you did badly on a test and received an E (A failing grade) but decided not to do half the questions. You have to try everything you know and do your best, if you wanted that A, don’t stop trying, you might get it. One time I was doing bad in math, mainly because I would never show my work, practice at home, and ignore the teacher a lot. I then had a test and I bombed it beyond bad, I got a twenty-five out of one-hundred. I was almost instantly grounded, but then my parents saw my homework was never turned in, so the grounding was extended. I then went in and fixed my errors and did my best getting my overall grade to around a seventy percent. I now do my homework and pay attention more often. I just felt upset though because of my grade, I felt I was perfectly fine in school, but that quickly changed and I saw all of my mistakes. Just remember, don’t think you deserve something, for nothing, do all your work and try your best.
ReplyDeleteI understand what you are saying, but I think that you could relate more to the real world, and not just school. You said, ". One time I was doing bad in math, mainly because I would never show my work, practice at home, and ignore the teacher a lot. I then had a test and I bombed it beyond bad, I got a twenty-five out of one-hundred." I liked how you related this quote to your life, but it would have been nice to read about not all school.
DeleteI like how you used the simple example that if you don't try or work at getting good grades, you can't expect to get good grades.
DeleteFirst of all, I’m going to start out by saying that either way, this quote is completely true. Whether it says the results you did get and the work you did do, or the results you didn’t get and the work you didn’t do, it’s still probably my favorite quote of all of them. First of all, I like this because it didn’t take me long to process, because it instantly hit me as many real-life experiences. I’m going to tell you a story.
ReplyDeleteSo in my life, I have had a large history of procrastination. Especially with reading (sorry Mrs. Bliven) I didn’t get very good results if I didn’t read the book in either my English or reading classes all my life, but I’ve some-what improved it. Same thing with math class. I would do my homework (most of the time) and then I wouldn’t study for the test and then I’d do badly. This quote is extremely true in that respect.
Although thinking of the quote in a positive manor, replacing the “cant’s and didnt’s” with “cans and dids,” I have another story. It’s about my shot-put record in 7th grade. I saw that I had a 19ft score, and that the highest in the grade was 21, and I became fierce with determination. I lifted weights for two weeks after that and proceeded to try again and I got a 24ft score! And I aslo got the record.
] So basically, no matter which way you slice it, this quote is true.
The way you demonstrated that the opposite of this quote is true was very relatable. In most all of our lives, there are instances when we want something so badly that we can taste it so to speak. I enjoyed your examples.
DeleteAHHHHHH I MADE A TYPOOOO?! noooooo. sorry Mrs. Bliven
DeleteI agree with you when you say that this quote is completley true, so many people don't understand this quote, but i think you completely get it!
DeleteDon’t Be Upset
ReplyDeleteQuote “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do”
I can somewhat agree to what this quote is saying because I have done it myself. I had to do a worksheet for a class and it looked easy so I didn’t even try on I just pretty much guessed through the whole thing and then when my teacher was passing the worksheet back I was thinking in my mind that I had got a good grade on it thinking “ oh that was an easy worksheet” but when I got my paper back I got a 7 out of 15 and I was very upset so I can kind of relate to what this quote is trying to say except for I actually did the worksheet. Another good example is when your report card comes in and you find out that you are failing a class and you are upset there is no reason to be upset because you obviously weren’t trying or your grade wouldn’t have been that low, you didn’t care so you didn’t try and that has happened to me to many times for me not to understand if I don’t care then I don’t try and I know that a lot of people can agree to this also.
As you stated in the last sentence, I can also agree with the response. This occurs more often then not in my classes.
DeleteThis quote is definitely saying that if you don’t try or work hard in whatever you do, you can only blame yourself. This is not only focusing on school it also applies to whatever you do. It is saying to not be upset with the work or project or even practice you did not do, because the result of your actions will show in one way or another. For example, if I don’t study for a big test, the result will show on my final grade. Also, if my dad has to make a presentation for a meeting, and he doesn’t spend a lot of time on it, his boss will get angry and the result will not be good. In Baker or any middle school anywhere, the kids who did not do their school work will be upset with their grade. I think this quote is teaching a lesson to us all about hard work and effort. To sum up what this quote is saying is, always try your hardest and if you don’t, you will eventually pay the consequences, one way or another. Do what you are told and not what you want. In life this quote is very important.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was writing my reflection, I was also thinking about how people don't try. You can't get upset if you don't put your best effort towards something.
DeleteGood job Ian, I really like the way you explained the quote.
DeleteThe first sentence of this is so true! It really only does come down to blaming yourself when you don't get what you want with the work you don't do.
DeleteThis applies to a lot of people. To give an example that has to do with school, if you’re going to be in accelerated Spanish, you have to study. Whenever we take tests or quizzes, the people around me are always complaining about how poorly they did. Mrs. Hardy always asks, “Did you study?”, and they always say, “Well, no, but I thought. . .” I had a teacher in seventh grade, and I loved what he always said after we got back our tests, “What do you mean, ‘Why did you give me a D?’ I didn’t give you anything. You earned a D.” In fifth grade our teachers made us enter the American Legion Essay Contest. I had one friend who really wanted to win the prize. I mean, sure, everyone wants to win, but for some reason she really did. I think her older sister had won it or something. Well, she really hated writing, and she didn’t really work on her essay at all until the night before it was due, and she told us all the next day when she handed it in that she didn’t even try on it. We heard of the winners sometime after that, and needless to say, she wasn’t one of them. She was extremely surprised and upset for some reason. I guess she just thought it was a given that she’d win. “But you said you didn’t try at all.” I asked her. “Knowing that, how could you expect to win?” “I’m a good writer. I should have at least placed,” she responded. It seems like she was being outrageous, but trust me, all of us have thought like that at some point, regardless of whether or not we realize it. We hold ourselves up higher than you think.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on how some people agree with how they hold themselves high up. Some people simple think because they're good at something that they should be excused from doing it. In my opinion these are the people that are ego-maniacs, or the people that instantly think they're better than other people because their money, education, physical ability, and race. I guess that those are ego-maniacs though
DeleteI think I get this quote, when you don’t do something then you shouldn’t expect results. If I didn’t do charity work then I shouldn’t expect to be recognized for doing that charity work. This also kind of works the opposite way. If I did do the charity work then I might expect to be rewarded but you won’t always get the results that you want, if I wanted a metal or something but all I got was that my charity work helped a lot of people then I might still be upset because I didn’t get the results that I wanted even though the real results were good. I think that the quote should be more along the lines of “don’t be upset by the wrong results.” Most things have a result whether you did the work or not. If my boss told me to write an important paper then I might expect a raise if I do it, I could do the paper and get a raise, I could do the paper and not get a raise, but if I don’t do the paper then chances are that I don’t get a raise but instead the result could be me getting fired. So this quote really isn’t all that good if you think about it because whether you do the work or not you’re still going to get some sort of result, there’s always a chance that you won’t get the result that you wanted, so then really the only thing wrong with this quote is the wording. If it had said something about doing the work but still not getting the results that you wanted then I think that it would be a better.
ReplyDeleteI understand this quote “Don’t be upset by the result you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” This to me means that to do something right or get something correct means you have to actually do it or try your hardest. Once I had to try out for a soccer team and to get on this team I had to get around a 7 minute mile but I got 15 seconds less then what was required. I didn’t make the team even though I tried my hardest, but for sure it was better than not trying at all. I know I’m going to try out for this team again this year and I will try harder on this mile then before. This quote can also relate to my school work. Once I got a homework assignment and I didn’t do it. The teacher gave me a bad grade and I was fine with that because if you do something bad there is bound for something bad to happen to you. So I had to deal with the bad grade and now I know that will happen for anything especially school. So this quote “Don’t be upset by the result you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do,” to me means that if you work hard you will get the best result you can get, but if you don’t try at all then the result will be bad.
ReplyDeleteI think you hit the nail on the head. You just understood this quote as well as I did, great job.
DeleteGood job, I liked how you fliped this quote around when you said, "I didn’t make the team even though I tried my hardest, but for sure it was better than not trying at all." You showed that some times if you do try, you can't always be satisfied with the results. I feel it was not necessary to repeat the quote a second time, but it was still good.
Delete
ReplyDeleteAfter a couple times of reading this quote, the meaning is pretty crystal clear. You can’t be expecting some amazing results if you put absolutely no effort into making it amazing. This quote also applies to most places and relationships. It holds true in sports, school, friendships or even at home with your family. For example, if you gave no effort in being nice and loving to your siblings or anyone in your family, chances are that when you get older none of your family is going to go out of their way to visit you. Why should they if you were not very nice to them? I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want to spend time with people who act like that. The same goes with friendships. With school, this applies to nearly all of the work we do. From papers in English to studying for a math exam, if you put no effort into doing these things, the chances are that you are going to get a the grade that matches the amount of effort that you put into it. This quote is saying that you should not be expecting a great grade if you haven’t put a great amount of effort into what you had been doing.
I completely agree with everything that you wrote, and you also used some really good examples.
DeleteI love the examples you used to show your knowledge of this quote. The one about relationships is very smart to think about and I never thought about it like that until reading what you wrote. Nice job (:
DeleteDon’t be upset for by the results.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with this quote. In the fact that you only get credit for the work that you do then this applies completely. I can relate to this quote because one time I was doing my chores and didn’t exactly do them well. So it was Friday and I went up to my dad to get my allowance money and he said,” you can’t have your allowance, because I’m not going to pay you for something that is half done”. This is an example of this quote because I couldn’t be upset by the result of not getting my allowance because I can’t get credit for the work I didn’t do. This is how the quote is true. It also works in reverse you can be satisfied by the results you do get with the work you did do.
I agree, when you said "I can relate to this quote because one time I was doing my chores and didn’t exactly do them well. So it was Friday and I went up to my dad to get my allowance money and he said,” you can’t have your allowance, because I’m not going to pay you for something that is half done”." I liked how you said something about your daily life of how it applies to you. This also relates to me, with my chores, like if I don't put in effort, I don't get any allowence for them.
DeleteUm… Ok this is an interesting quote “don’t be upset with the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do” I mean what is this, it’s worded terribly, and it really only works well for school. I guess it could work for sports, but seeing as I do not do sports I does not really matter in the comment.
ReplyDeleteThe wording is terrible why not “don’t get upset with the results you didn’t get, for the work you didn’t do” it may not have the best grammar but it may be easier to understand, or it may not be this could imply some other thing, I just tried to reword the quote part by part so the “didn’t do” part may not be the best. ok so this is still sort of a good quote I mean if you understand but just hate it anyway so just read some other comment that explains this quote better than me or keep reading I do not care. The is basically saying that (in school terms) if you don’t turn in your work don’t be mad if you get a bad grade (a Z or zero) on it .
“Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” As a student, I see this quote every day. What this quote means is that if you don’t do your best at something then you aren’t going to be happy with what you get out of it. For example, one time when I was in 6th grade, I didn’t pay attention in class so when I got home I didn’t put 100% effort into my math homework. The next day when I turned it in I found that I got most of the questions wrong which really upset me because my teacher suggested that I come see her at lunch. I ended up understanding everything but I had to give up a lunch just to learn a simple thing because I was not paying attention. Another example in this show called Ugly Betty. This girl named Betty has to lie because her dad got deported to Guadalajara in Mexico and she works for this fashion magazine called Mode. She has to lie to her boss because this lady named Wilhelmina wants to rule the magazine and it turns out that she is having an affair with her bodyguard when she is supposed to be marrying Betty’s boss’s father. There is so much going on in the show, I’m not going to try to explain it all. Point is, she had to lie and she lost her job just for not telling her boss so her dad could come home. She knew what would happen if she didn’t tell him but she did it anyway because family was more important to her than her job.
ReplyDeleteInteresting story, which was a very good example for this quote!
DeleteDon’t be sad that you got your grade, you deserved it if you didn’t put effort in to your work. If you don’t do the work then you can’t get good grades. Right? So why would the results be good if you didn’t take time and effort to get the task accomplished. That’s like copying off of someone else’s paper and not understanding the work you just copied. When that unit test rolls around and you still don’t know anything, you’re screwed. You should also know the results of you test, which aren’t good either. Effort is key to this quote. If you don’t put in effort to anything you do in your life, then you will live a sad life. However, if you do put effort into your work, then you will have most of the things you want like happiness and maybe a family. Your work reflects your effort you put into your work ethic. So, if you are upset with your work and you didn’t put effort into it, then you should be sad because you didn’t show you cared. You should also know your result if you did or didn’t put effort into your work.
ReplyDeleteI really like the example you used when talking about copying. If you don't do work, then you should not expect a good grade. I also liked how you tied everything together into a few ideas.
Delete“Don’t be upset by your results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” I agree with this quote. In football if you don’t do your job( like blocking someone) don’t be upset that you are probably not start in the next game and get yelled by the coaches it was your fault. Also if you didn’t do a huge project and class and you have a D now it was your fault in the first place. A lot of people didn’t these days don’t care about their grade, but when their older and they have a bad job that doesn’t help support your family it is your fault that you didn’t do a good job.
ReplyDeleteI understand your examples and I like how you had more than one, but I don't think that getting one D could really cause you to not be able to support you family. In the sixth grade I got an E on a test but I get straight A's now.
DeleteI agree with what you said. I liked when you explained "In football if you don’t do your job( like blocking someone) don’t be upset that you are probably not start in the next game and get yelled by the coaches it was your fault." This helped me really understand this quote better in real life.
DeleteI agree with your examples. I hadn’t thought of how it all could affect you when you are older. Good job!!
DeleteThis is cool how you put the quote into your life as a football player. It's true, if you don't block someone in football you won't get the results you wanted.
DeleteGood job Gage, most comments were about school so when I read yours and it was about "not school" "I was like wow"
Deletei agree to what you are saying but i didn't quite understand where you were coming from with the football because if you know that you can do your job well but you fail you should be upset
DeleteThis saying is so very true. I have definitely experienced this many times in a lot of different situations, but the one place that this quote mostly takes place in is on the soccer field. My team is pretty good, we play very hard, but sadly, this results in many injuries. When you have and injury, my coach still makes you come to all of the practices and go to all of the games. What really bothers me is when after the game (if we lose,) the injured players get all mad. Well first of all, you didn’t play the game, you weren’t on the field, you were on the bench, you did nothing to help us win, so don’t be upset! It is not just the injured players that do this too, it is the parents also. We can hear them on the sidelines getting all angry when we do something wrong. I cannot stand them at all! Actually, it isn’t just soccer that experiences this quote, it is all sports. Just like this past weekend, when the Redskins played, they apparently stunk, a lot of people are getting all worked up about this. Saying RG3 is a bad player and all. But you can only get upset if you are actually playing the game, you can’t get mad at the outcome of the game if you were just watching.
ReplyDeleteI didn't think about how this quote could be interpreted in sports, back when I did the swimteam I remember all of the parents getting upset when people other than their kids lost, I just couldn't understand what the big deal was.
DeleteI really like your perspective of this quote from a sports veiw. You put it in a sense that i better understand.
Delete“Don’t be upset with the results you don’t get with the work you didn’t do”
ReplyDeleteI think this quote can apply to any aspect of life. Even if it’s soccer, school, or family matters. Sometimes in the most interesting and most fun class in the entire world, (math with Mrs. Emmerich) I forget to do my homework. The result is a big fat zero for doing nothing. Even in soccer this quote can apply. Not playing at all, but losing 9-0 can even exemplify this quote.
The opposite of this quote also works; Doing really well, but not being proud of your work. Say, for example, you get 100% on a test, in that absolutely splendid math class, but not being proud of the extraordinary grade in which you have received. That shows the quote too because of the absence of a feeling, or state of mind, about the said grade. Also, if you’ve scored a goal in soccer, but still lost the game, be proud that you scored the goal that could’ve changed the course of the game, and won you the game. Another example of this quote is completely bombing a quiz, but feeling like you did well.
I really like how your 100% test example of the opposite of the quote. I hadn't thought of the opposite.
DeleteGood job justin I really like the way you tied in the examples,not doing your homework and not trying in soccer
DeleteI really like how you brought all of your life into this. Espcially in math with Ms. Emmerich.
DeleteI don't really understand these examples. How are you upset by the results that you did get, if someone were to got a 100% on a test then why would they not be proud, they wouldn't feel bad about it so they still would be getting the results that they wanted.
DeleteI like how you said that the opposite of the quote is also true. It helped me to think about it in a whole different way.
DeleteI had not thought about how this quote could be reversed or how the quote's meaning would be changed. I am glad that you pointed this out.
DeleteThe quote “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do” is saying that you cannot be upset when you didn’t do something. If you do not do your work, then you should expect nothing in return. For example, if you are at school and you do not do your assignment, then you should know you are not going to get a passing grade. You cannot be upset about that because that your fault. This quote can also be used in an opposite way. If you said it in a positive way it would sound like “Be proud by the results you got with the work you did.” That is completely different from the quote originally. It is telling you to be satisfied with the work you did do and got a good grade on. This quote can relate to our society right now. The US Government is messed up. The people that are supported are that upset with the situation. They say that they are just surprised of the problem. They should be upset because they are damaging the citizen’s lives. Some of the people of the US are losing their insurance. They do not know what to do. The government has not been working hard and that is why they should be upset. This quote can apply in our everyday life.
ReplyDeleteI also talked about how if someone does not do their work, then you should expect nothing in return. I thought it was a good example of the quote.
DeleteI agree with you but I don't think that everytime you get a positive result then you're happy about it because that might not have been the result you were looking for.
DeleteThis quote is 100% spot on in my mind. I see this happen every day, and to be honest it really bothers me. What many children, and even adults don’t realize is that if you want the best results, you can’t take shortcuts and just show little to no effort.
ReplyDeleteI hear people complain about things like this every day. In class: “But you only gave me half credit on the worksheet just because it was late!” At home: “You said that I could go out if my room was clean, and to my standards it is!” Like stop, girl. Water bug. Okay sorry that was a really bad Vine reference. What I’m trying to say is that people learn to expect getting what they think they deserve, instead of what they actually deserve. They hold things to their own standards instead of what should really be the lowest acceptable standard.
However, the opposite of this quote is also true. You should be proud of something that you worked hard on. Even if someone else does not think it might be the best option or solution, if you really tried your best then that’s all that matters.
Your examples were really funny and I agree with them because when I hear people complain about the same things at school I get really annoyed.
DeleteI agree with how you said that sometimes people have lower standards for themselves than other people do. I think people are biased towards themselves and always think they are right.
DeleteI had never thought about how we hear those comments every day. I also really like how you said that you should be proud of our hard work.
DeleteI totally get what you're saying, when you have lower standards for your work then you will expect higher results but if your standards are lower than someone elses then you won't get the results that you wanted, but you still shouldn't be upset because it was your fault.
Delete
ReplyDeleteAs a student and an athlete, this quote has a big impact on my life. This quote means that you shouldn’t be upset with bad results when the work is not even yours or you didn’t put in any effort. This takes a big factor in schools today, because there are so many ways for students to copy answers with today’s technology and the way people do things can usually be lazy and not well done. For example, if a student had to write an essay on a summary of a book then they could be tempted to either copy it off google or they could do it very sloppy and not well done. In life this is a challenging thing with people of today because there is so many different ways to cheat on work or athletics. For example, if you are asked to do a workout schedule over a month for soccer, and you just cheat yourself out of doing it, even though you were supposed to do it. Most of the time people don’t do what they are asked of, like they do most things lazy and does not put a lot of effort into the task.
I had not thought of this quote in the sense of plagiarism or cheating in sports. I am glad that you pointed that out. It helped me understand this quote even better.
DeleteRight as I read, "As a student and an athlete, this quote has a big impact on my life" Nice openeing sentence! This opened my eyes to a better perspective!
DeleteI agree with your examples because where you said many kids get there answers of technology I hadn’t thought of how that isn’t really trying. Good job :)
DeleteDon’t Be Upset
ReplyDelete“Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” I think that this quote means that if you don’t get the results you want then you probably didn’t do the work that was required to get the results. An example of this in my life is when I was when I was studying for my math test in 7th grade, I thought that it was going to be an easy test but it ended up being really hard and at the end of the quarter I ended up getting a B in the class instead of an A all because of me not studying. At first I didn’t realize why I got a B and my mom kept on asking what happened. I kept on telling her that I didn’t know and then I realized that the whole realized that it was because I did not study. I couldn’t be mad at my teacher, I couldn’t be upset with anything else except myself because I didn’t work for the grade.
I like this. Its very well written, can I say knowledgeably? Your example was totally relatable, the same thing happened to me, except, all the time.
DeleteI agree with your response because the math I am in now is a lot more difficult than I originally thought. I have to study more and obviously do more homework. I am going to end up getting a B because, like you, did not study as much as I should have.
Delete“Don’t Be Upset”
ReplyDeleteWhat this quote means is that you shouldn’t be upset or even disappointed if you get bad results of something if the work isn’t even yours. For example, if you copied off of someone on a test, and they aren’t that smart so you and the other person get bad grades on it, then you shouldn’t be upset because you weren’t the one that answered. You didn’t do the work so you shouldn’t expect to get good results for the test. It could also mean that you shouldn’t be upset with your bad results because maybe you didn’t try hard enough. An example of that could be in P.E. If you weren’t trying hard enough at whatever sport it is that you were playing, then it’s your fault your grade is bad. This also applies to other stuff, whether it’s at home, at some sport, or in one of your classes in school.
I agree with what you are saying because you really shouldn't be upset with somthing that you didn't try on or that wasn't yours because you didn't obliviously care enough to be that upset.
DeleteI like how you made your examples about school so that everyone could relate to them.
DeleteThis quote takes a lot of meaning in a person’s life. They may not realize it, but it does. I feel as if everyone should take personal meaning and live somewhat by this quote.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, this quote can defiantly refer to your life whether in sports, academics, or outside of both of those. One example is in school. If you were told to study for an upcoming test (which you do), chances are you will do good and achieve a good grade. But, you can’t be upset when you fail the test if you chose not to study. This quote can apply to a sport you’re playing as well. If you don’t push yourself to try your hardest to get better at something, being upset of the fact that you didn’t get better won’t help anything if you know you didn’t try.
You should always try your best at anything you do because in the end you’ll usually end up being happy with the results. So this quote can relate to a lot of people for a lot of reasons.
I like your first two sentences, and i like them because you get the main point out there in such little words.
DeleteI sort of agree with you but wile your living your life by this quote I will live it by DOING THE WORK not geting mad at it becuas I did not do it .
DeleteDon’t be upset
ReplyDeleteI agree with this quote completely, because I know of its meaning firsthand. You should not be upset by the results you didn’t get for the work you didn’t do, because you didn’t do the work. This is basically saying that you can’t really be upset for something you didn’t do, because you didn’t do it. The first example that I can really think of the top of my head, because I have this problem myself, is schoolwork. Some people, including myself, have problems with actually doing their homework. Then when the time comes for them to turn it in, they get upset because they didn’t do their work on time. Frankly when this happens to me, I don’t get upset because it was my fault in the first place. I should’ve been more responsible and done my homework beforehand instead of not doing it at all, or doing it last second. School isn’t the only example there is however, but as I said earlier, it was the first example that popped into my head. Another example that I can give is sports. Say that you didn’t try your absolute best while playing a game like football, basketball, or soccer. Because you didn’t try your best, your team lost and know you’re disappointed at yourself because you lost. You don’t really have the right to be disappointed, because you didn’t try.
I agree with your outlook on this quote it is true that you cant be upset if you didn't try but also I liked how you incorporated a real thing that a lot of people can relate to schoolwork.
DeleteI understand this quote because what it is trying to say is that if you do not try your best then you cannot argue with the result. If you decide that you want to just not try at a sport or at an activity then you should not expect great results. If you spend time and practice, then you will most likely do better than you would otherwise. For example, in school you decide that you are going to be lazy and not do work. Then, after you look at your grade you realize that it was a mistake, but you should not get upset because it was your choice. If you just decided to do the work then you would have a better grade, and you would never have to been upset. No matter which one you pick you should not get upset in any way. It was your idea and your actions that caused you to do that, and the teacher really had no say in it. What I really am trying to say is that if you do not do your job then you should not expect a good result. When I was younger I never really wanted to do work because that was when I just started school. In Kindergarten I was very bad at reading, and I really just wondered why because I thought that I would know this stuff on my own. I then realized that because I didn’t read at my house so I was not getting any really good practice in. I kept practicing with my parents and then I actually got a lot better at it then I thought I ever would. At that time I realized that I should just do the work and not worry about it because then I would be upset, which I shouldn’t be.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that I thought of when I read this quote happened about 10 minutes ago (This shows how often these quotes occur throughout our daily lives). During lunch, there was a sign- up sheet for the basketball team at our school. I was trying to get one of my friends to sign up with me. This friend has played basketball on my rec. basketball team since first grade, and I considered her as being a very good basketball player. The main reason that she wouldn’t sign up was that she didn’t think she would make the team. She hadn’t even done the tryouts yet, and she was already disappointed with the results that hadn’t come. I think that this example illustrates this quote very well. My friend was upset with the results she didn’t get with the work she didn’t do. There were much more than one of my friends who faced this challenge. I personally think that they handled the situation very poorly. I am very unsure whether or not I will make the basketball team this year, but at least I am going to participate in the tryouts to find out my results.