Monday, November 4, 2013

My Favorite Place on Earth


26 comments:

  1. My favorite place on earth is South Carolina. In the neighborhood of our beach house it’s very warm, with lots of big trees and gravel roads. It smells of the ocean, with a crisp salt in the air. People are constantly walking places or riding bikes. Everybody is so friendly, saying hi whenever they see you, and always asking how you’ve been. At the beach there’s lots of animals too. There is a massive amount of seagulls flying in the air, usually by themselves, rummaging for food. On the actual beach, the water is very blue, and the sand a tan color with little sparkles. The water is Luke warm, just the perfect temperature and the sand is always a bit too hot for my feet! I love to relax at the beach and go in the water with my siblings and dogs. It is my favorite place because it is stress free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite place on Earth is probably the Great wolf Lodge in Virginian near the amusement park Busch Gardens. The reason is because I love seeing the dark arcade with all the colorful prizes and toys. When I get to the water park within the building, I just love the smell of the chlorine and the laughter of kids and adults. I then love the wonderful tastes of all the candy and food at the lodge (I usually get sick). I then get to visit Busch Gardens, the first amusement park I ever went to (I recommend the Griffon) and where I overcame my accursed fear of rollercoasters. I then get to see the sheep and owls, I smell the hay, (and other things) and horses. I then get the occasional cotton candy, and walk around and smell the flowers and the water where the ferries are. I then ride every single ride I can to feel the amazing felling of adrenalin. I then head back to Great Wolf Lodge, and just lie down and start the wondrous cycle all over again the very next day, I experience the taste, smell, and the thrill all over again and spend time with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Favorite Place on Earth…
    If I had to choose one place on this entire earth, that I favorite in my opinion the most, I think that I would have to say that it is a skate park In Gaithersburg. It simply is called the Gaithersburg skate park and I go to that skate park just about every weekend that it is open. It costs a person $5 to get in for the day and skate from 12 to sunset. I really love this skate park because it is basically where I grew up as a skateboarder and not literally “growing up” there. Ever since I had gotten my first skateboard on Christmas day of 2010 I had been going there. I rode when skateboard very well and naturally since the day that I got it. I had a couple of ramps and stuff in my backyard but nothing compared to the ramps and obstacles that they have at the park. My parents saw how well I could ride my skateboard and do a couple of tricks and the first weekend that I had it, they took me there, to the Gaithersburg skate park. At first when I got there I didn’t know what to think of the place. It was so big and always crowded with people that I now am very close with. The first thing that I think I tried to do was to drop in on a ramp because I always used to see the pro’s do it. I failed, and fell on my face but that just encouraged me to try it again and by the end of the day I had successfully dropped in on the ramp because all the nice people there, able to show me how to. I really enjoy the skate park for the following reasons: There is always a bunch of nice and very good skateboarders there. I also enjoyed it a lot because it always made me feel comfortable with the stuff around me. From then, at age 10, until now, where I am 13 years old, I still go to that skate park every weekend even though it is a 20 minute drive… it is completely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite place on earth is Gold Beach, Oregon. It’s a beautiful place, with many different beautiful characteristics. It’s where my grandparents live, and where I plan on retiring. It is mountainous, and usually very foggy and dark. Although when I went there, it was sunny and very bright. It smelled like pine, and cedar (It’s the #1 logging state in the country). I ate all kinds of different foods there, from Chinese food to steak. There was some amazing flat bread pizza, and some DELECTABLE Oregon fudge! Let’s just say the food was the best part, besides everything else. The air in Oregon was very moist. It has the same climate as Maryland, but there is no humidity. Its sooooooo much better weather-wise. Sitting outside in the morning, or the evening, or any time of day, sounds amazing. It’s quiet and humble, with the occasional car. I heard humming birds and boats most of the time. My grandparents lived on a canal and the beach was a block away. It looks like a gift from God! It is the most beautiful state in the USA, in my opinion. You are missing out if you haven’t ever been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Favorite Place on Earth

    One of my favorite places to go is Ocean City. The reason I like it so much is because when I go there I feel like I can just have fun and not have to worry about anything. Also, you can almost never get bored. For example, if you broke your leg then you wouldn’t be able to go swimming in the pool or take a run. You could, however, go to the beach or even play mini golf with some help. If you want to relax then there are many places for that too. If you own a house you could stay there, or you could do the more fun things like go to the beach, watch a movie, or you can go out to eat. There are many places to eat so you could have a lot of different variety. When I go to Ocean City sometimes we go for weeks at a time. We never eat at the same place twice, but we only eat at home once or twice that whole vacation. One of the best reasons is that 99% of the time you have a great view, even from the ground. You could look at all the tall buildings or look at the cars zooming by. Even at night it is a great time to act like a tourist and just look around. You can look at the clear skies or the bright lights. No matter where you are or what time it is in Ocean City it will also be a memorable experience. There may only be one bad thing about it which is the drive. Personally I don’t like driving, but this trip made it worthwhile. If you ever need variety in your life, then you could go to Ocean City.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite place in the world is the beach. I have only been there three times, but I really enjoy going there. I have been to Sandy Point, Terrapin Park, and Ocean City. Technically I have only been to one because Ocean City is the only one not on the bay. The beach, or bay, is very relaxing compared to other places. I am very energetic and bubbly, but when I go to the beach I get a break from being all of that. My favorite thing to do at the beach is paddle boarding because it just came naturally to me and since no one else in my family can do it, I feel really independent. The first time I had ever gone to the beach, I remember being very little. It was at Sandy Point and I remember almost drowning, which wasn’t as fun. My favorite beach is Ocean City because my family and I went there for my sister’s birthday and it was only the second time I had ever gone. When I went to Terrapin Park, it was a different story. This part of the bay is also known as “the poor man’s beach” because there are broken bottles everywhere in the water. I cut my foot on a huge piece of glass, but it was still fun because it was only the third time I had ever gone, which was just this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Favorite Place on Earth
    My favorite place on earth is my room because when I am in my room I have everything that I need to keep me occupied or unoccupied. In my room I have all of my electronics and all of my snacks to prevent me from leaving my room to get food I have a desk to do my homework , a bookshelf full of books to read and a beautiful bed that I sleep in every night. While on the other hand it is my mother’s most hated room in the world (I think ) because my mom is always talking about how I trap myself in my room and how she won’t see for hours because usually the only time that my mom will she my face during the day is if I run out of snacks in my room. And usually that’s never a problem, I can totally understand why my mom hates it so much because she has two other kids who do the exact same thing I am in love with my room, my room is my comfort zone. When I’m mad at my mom I go to my room, when my siblings get on my nerves I go to my room. My room is my best friend I love my room and my room loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite place on earth is Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is my favorite place because the landscape varies hugely as you travel around the island. For example, if you went to the top of a gigantic, yet scenic mountain and looked outwards, you would see the ocean. No matter where you go in Puerto Rico, you’ll always be greeted with the aroma of food, (which is another great reason why it’s my favorite place on earth). The people are really friendly there. An elderly couple I saw, had helped an unfamiliar woman gather her belonging that she had dropped.The beaches are really nice. You can see the great abyss of water that is the ocean. You can also see sea animals flopping around in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite place on earth would probably have to be the beach house that my family goes to every summer. We have been going to the same beach house since before I was born so I have a lot of memories there. It a place where my whole family can get together and we don’t have to argue that much, for one week every year we forget about all of our problems and we just go to the beach. When I’m at the beach house I just feel surrounded by my family, probably because it’s a full house so I really and surrounded, but it’s not just that, it’s the feeling that these are the memories that I’m going to have for the rest of my life. When I’m old and I think back on my childhood I know that those times at the beach house are going to stick out to me because I really enjoy myself there. If I had more time then I could probably think of a few more places that I might consider to be my favorite but the beach house was just one of the first places that came to my mind other than Jimmie Cone and the movie theater. But the beach house isn’t just a place that holds memories for me, it a reminder of my family, before this year I hadn’t seen some of my cousins for a few years because of some issues but this year they finally got to come on the beach trip and it was great to reconnect with them because all my cousins are younger than me so they didn’t have very many memories of me. It was the beach house that brought us back together, so really I don’t think that the actual building has much sentimental value to me but the memories and the fact that it brings my whole family together every year is what makes it my or one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that the best place on earth is my house! It seems very simple, but it is where I grew up. I said my first word there, I had my first piece of candy there, I had my first thanksgiving there, etc. I could basically say my whole life’s story, because most of it happened in my house. My home is where I grew up, but it is also mostly what made me grow up. My whole life can be told at 23609 Fo***** Pl****. I is not only the best place in the world, it is the most important and valuable. Not just to me, but to my whole family too. Everything about it, the rooms, even the special ones, like my room and the kitchen. (I love food.) Even the den is a nice place. (Even though I do my homework in there.) My home is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite place on Earth
    My Favorite place on Earth would probably have to be my room. The reason this is my most favorite place is because it’s the only place I can really relax, by just laying down on my bed, plus since my brother has about 3 glade cans to spray our room with, it always smells like a Hawaiian breeze, or I assume that’s what a Hawaiian breeze smells like. Most of th e time in fact, I eat in my room because it’s so comfortable there. My room is also for some reason has the softest furniture in my house, except for my futon, that’s actually kind of hard, but it’s still soft nonetheless. Also if I ever get bored, I can just go on my laptop, lay down on my futon and watch TV, or play some wii, which I only really do when there are guests over, or whenever my brother wants to play some random game as well. I think my favorite thing to do in my room however, is sleep. Since I have a bunk bed, a futon, and a bunch of fluffy blankets in my room, it’s genuinely easy to sleep in there if you please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite place on earth Myrtle Beach. I love the hotel that we have the light blue calm pool with a waterfall on the side, the smell of the ocean and the breeze on your face. There are palm trees all over the resort, everyone is nice. It is also very warm, and if you’re still cold they have 2 hot tubs on both ends. The reserved a part of the beach for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite place on earth is my home from the smell of smoke in the mornings and afternoon (smoke from neighbors back yard fire pit NOT my home on fire) I have all the couches and chairs even if it is covered in dog hair and I can forget the treehouse and trampoline in the back yard. My home is the best place to be I can eat sleep work and play there plus I have my candy there and my dog and cats live there so I can say anywhere else is better (except japan{ cuz I love japan but have never been there}).

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite place on earth would have to be in Hawaii, eighty feet under water. I absolutely love scuba diving. There are so many different factors that put your senses into a crazy frenzy. One of them would have to be the pressure. Eighty feet of pressure above you, making your breath shaky with nervousness, you think about all the little things that could go wrong. It just adds thrill and edge to what you are doing. If you look up you can still see the waves that stir the surface of the water, which looks miles high above you. Then you notice the scenery. There are thousands of the silver, blue fish that flash in and out of your sight, no bigger than you’re your fist. There was also turtles where we went. There had been at least seven of them. Covered in algae and sea moss, they would swim right over to you and look at you with curiosity in their eyes. Then they’d glide away while you still cannot tear your eyes away from their sheer beauty. When you finally did look away, the gigantic, sharp coral would grab your attention. It covered the ocean floor and went on for what seems like forever. There are fish that swim in and out of its shelter and turtles that rest in its caverns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite place is New York. But not the “Big Apple”, Upstate New York. Or, the Adirondacks. Ever since I was little, I would look forward to our once a year trips up there. My mom’s parents own a lake house there so usually we can come whenever we aren’t busy. I love every bit of it. To the long 10 hour car rides to the laying by the lake all day. Up there all you see is trees and wildlife and that’s only part of how amazing it is. The sceneries are beautiful and you can literally take a picture of a gorgeous landscape anywhere you go. I love when we go on hikes because there is no poison ivy which is always a bonus, and there are so many sites tom see. A bonus to the hikes is that fresh, wild, and juicy blackberries and raspberries are grown all around the Adirondacks so we can pick them anytime! They’re so sweet! Another cool thing about being up in the Adirondacks is that the lake we have the house at, Cranberry Lake, has no phone service so we don’t focus on how many texts we received that day, but about having fun and spending quality time with our family. I love the fact that you can wake up every morning to tiny birds chirping and the smell of nature all around. Sometimes my family goes to this place called “The Wild Center” where you can go and learn all about the wildlife there. My favorite thing to do there is go look at the otters. Even though they smell bad, they’re so cute and fun to watch. Of course we go traveling along the Adirondacks and sometimes we go to a lake called Lake Placid. It’s a big lake filled with shops and lots of people. Also, in Lake Placid you can see parts of the chutes and equipment used for the winter Olympics! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite place on earth is New Jersey. It was where I born and where I want to live when I get older. In New Jersey where I visit often, the people are always so nice, polite, and courteous to others. I even keep in touch with a few people I know in New Jersey. I was born in Valley Hospital in New Jersey. Now my grandmother works there at the hospital. I have many friends there and miss them very much. My family and I moved away for the better school systems. Most of my family on both sides live in New Jersey and I also visit them regularly. In New Jersey, there are a few places that were and still are sacred to me. The people there are unlike any other people you will ever meet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite place on earth
    My favorite place on earth would definitely be Rehoboth beach. The smell of the ocean, the taste of the seafood, the feeling of total relaxation. I could live at the beach. There is no other way that I would want to spend my day. I love the sound of the crashing waves, the screaming kids at play, and the screeching seagulls. I love the heat of the sand and the coolness of the water. The cheerful families and the playful dogs. And even if it does rain, well a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at home. When I am at the beach, it is like I’m in a whole other world. Where everyone is happy and there is no such thing as stress. The only place that I’m willing to wake up early in the mornings to go for nice long runs. Where life gets better even only for a few weeks out of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite place on earth is the beach. There is never a time when I am board there. Also, there are many things to do and places to go. I like the smell of the sea. I love to go with my family. We stay there all morning and afternoon. I skim board and play ball. Sometimes I will just sit in the sand and relax. At the beach, I will spend most of my time in the water. I dive through the waves and sometimes ride them in. the taste of the boardwalk is delicious. I usually get the bucket full of them. I eat it all when I am really hungry. At night my family and I go to the boardwalk and get ice cream. And the next day starts all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Favorite Place on Earth
    My favorite place on earth is at home. Yes, at home. There, I have Wi-Fi, food, and my bed. There are so many other places that I love too, like Colorado or even frozen yogurt places, but just not as much as I love home. I’m more comfortable at home than I am in any other place in the world. I don’t have to worry too much about how I look, or most of the time I don’t care at all. Not only that, but also the air conditioner is always on so it’s not too cold or too hot. Not only that, but my family is in that home. So at home, I can be with my family, food, Wi-Fi, and my bed. I can sit on my bed all day and watch movies, or I can do other stuff like bake cookies and other pastries.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 5:45 A.M. Red eyed and messy haired, I roll out of my bed, and stumble out of the room that I call home for the week. I open the door to the deck, walk outside, and am immediately hit with the salty breeze coming from the vast ocean that currently lies ahead of me. I slowly stumble down the stairs leading to the cool sandy path. As I drag myself forward, I remember why I forced myself out of the warmth and comfort of my bed. I pull myself up onto the lifeguard post that chips shiny white paint every time you scratch it. Staring ahead, I am amazed by the beauty of the sky, slowly changing from empty darkness to bright splashes of pink and orange. I watch as the waves crash and slowly drag up the shore. The brightly colored orb that it the sun breaks the desolate horizon. This is where I feel like I belong, where I feel that I am one with the large and bustling planet that is Earth. There are no distractions, no honking cars, no yelling. The beach is where I feel calm and comforted. This is where I want to spend the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite place on Earth would be Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. My favorite thing about Cape Hatteras is the beaches. The crashing waves, sparkling sand, and towering sand dunes always make me feel happy. The humid and moist air that eddy’s around me makes me want to smile. The burning sunlight in the summertime doesn’t bother me because I get to jump in the cool and relaxing water. When the tide comes in I feel the water rush past my toes, giving them a little relief from the heat, only to be heated up by the sand again when the water recedes. The tall, red and white light house hovers while I watch the boats pass by in the sparkling water. The amazing aroma of the delicious food that sold near the beach almost beckons me to come over and eat. Together with the beach and the food I am in the perfect place for me to have fun but relax at the same time. I love walking up the tallest sand dune and looking at the towns around me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite place on earth is the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is this very beautiful place far away from here. I have visited there many times before and I love it. My mom’s part of the family lives there. In the Dominican Republic there are beaches that are just so pretty and the houses are really big. Whenever I go I always stay at my uncle’s penthouse. I like to visit my grandma when I go. She lives in this little apartment with nurses that take care of her. After a couple of days visiting my grandma I take my uncle’s helicopter to La Romana. La Romana is a very beautiful place where my uncle has houses at. These houses are really big and have a pool and are right by the beach. Also he has boats that all of the family like taking out and fishing or just relaxing. I love to do all these things, but my favorite thing about the Dominican Republic is when my family all gets together and have a big feast. We like to talk and hang by the pool together. The Dominican Republic is my favorite place on earth and will always be.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite place on earth is the top of a mountain in Colorado during the winter. I love the scene of the amazing view. This place is so beautiful all year long, but the greatest times to be on this mountain is when it is fall and winter. First in fall, because it has the prettiest view of all the trees changing their colors and how they have so many different colors of leaves. Also, in the fall the wilderness is out and about with the noises of animals and the wind whistling in the trees. In addition, I love in the fall that there is a sense of smell that is so wonderful to smell on an autumn day. It smells like the new coming of nature and maple bark form the trees. On the other hand, I love being on this mountain in the winter because you are allowed to go skiing down the slopes on the mountain, zig-zag and every which way! I love the view of going up the ski lift and seeing all the astonishing trees with all of their leaves off and snow on the tops on all the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Late every summer, after my birthday, around the beginning of August, my family goes to New York for two weeks. Not New York City, with all the noise pollution and smog, but upstate New York, where there are farms and beaches and where you occasionally do see a chicken crossing the road. It takes around seven hours to get there by car, but honestly, it is the most beautiful seven hour car trip you could ever take. Most of the trip is drive is spent in Pennsylvania, through the rolling hills and huge mountains covered in trees. I love driving through the parts of the mountains that have been cut out for roads, and all you can see on either side is this enormous rock face. It’s spectacular. Once we get up on the top of the mountain, about three hours in, the view is breathtaking. The clouds are so close you feel like you can touch them and when you look out across the water, through the low- hanging fog, you can see all the boats and bridges. Despite all this, driving through the Pennsylvania Mountains is not my favorite place on Earth, though surely the journey does help to build up my opinion of the place that is. MY favorite place on Earth is the Cottage. The Cottage is a small house my great- great- grandfather on my mom’s side built on Lake Ontario. The floors are wooden, the rooms are humid, and you can hardly sit up in the bunk beds without banging your head, but I love it. My Aunt Linda, Uncle Ed, cousin Spencer, and their newly adopted daughter Adyson live in Sandy Creek, which is about a ten minute drive from the cottage. Every day we spend there they come over and we all drive to the beach. Some of my earliest memories are from there. Burying rocks on the beach and labeling them buried treasure (and laughing when kids dig them up), sitting at the kitchen table playing Risk (and losing miserably to Uncle Ed, possibly the world’s most ultimate Risk player), husking corn with Connor and Makena, the kids who live three cottages down- I’ve always been able to find something fun to do there. The few years I’ve spent my birthday there have been amazing. I have a picture in my binder of this summer on my birthday, with Connor, Makena, Spencer, my brother Stevie, and my cousin Grace, and I’m so happy in it I look pretty different. I keep that picture in my binder to look at when I feel homesick- homesick for a place that isn’t my home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My House
    My house is my favorite place in the world. My house is very welcoming and I have many memories there. One of my favorite places to hang out is the basement with my brothers. Some of the things we like to do are play video games, pool, air hockey, foosball and much more. Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms, mine is the smallest but it’s still my favorite room in the house. The place where my family spends the most time together is the living room. This is where we play games, talk and create memories that last forever. But the main reason that my house is my favorite place is because I can always know that I can come home to it a feel welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am going upward on a great hill as I am approaching. I smell the sweet, cool crisp air of the mountains as I am approaching. There is the scenery that only a small town would have; a railroad track, little houses, and lots of porches decorated with flowers as I am approaching. There is a feeling of relaxation and happiness that is filling the air as I am approaching. I finally arrive.
    I have made it to my Nana’s house, my favorite place on Earth. My Nana’s house is filled with memories, some are mine, and others are not. I can remember from a very early age taking trips to my Nana’s home. The long car ride, being squished among seven other people, and being imprisoned by the surrounding luggage is all worth going to visit my Nana.
    I love everything about her house. The smell of moth balls, the pictures of my dad as a child, the front hard that is surrounded by trees, absolutely everything. The thing I like most about the house is my Nana who lives in it. She is such a kind and generous person. My life would be entirely different without my Nana and her incredible house.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to include your first name and last initial before commenting.