I guess that I agree with this. Sometimes having courage isn’t doing the standard courageous things like running into a burning building to save a baby, it can be just one little thing like telling yourself that you will try again tomorrow. But I also don’t really agree with this because in some cases telling yourself that you’ll try again the next day is just dreading doing the thing that you have to do. For myself when I don’t want to do a homework assignment then I just wait till the last minute because I’m dreading it. But yes courage can still be the little things, even if they are little. Over all in my opinion courage can be little or big things but its more recognized when it’s a big thing.
I agree that courage can be in little things, but I think that something that may seem small may be big to someone else. I used to be extremely scared of going on elevators. Finding the courage to go on an elevator was very hard for me. Most people would most likely think that this was a small use of courage, but I didn't think so.
I think this quote is talking about your conscience. The definition of courage is bravery and someone who takes risks. You may have heard that your conscience is the tiny person on your shoulder telling you what decision to make. Well this quote mentions “The quiet voice at the end of the day.” They are saying that you are making your own decisions by thinking it over with your conscience. When the quote says “Courage does not always roar” it is telling the reader that sometimes you do not want to try new things or try to be successful at the moment, yet there is always a chance. You can decide when you want to take that chance.
This quote… I really like it. Although it does take some thinking. It seems like my courage never needs to roar, because I never really get in those kinds of situations. I mean I don’t think this is the most accurate quote, only because the first part is more irrelevant than the last part. This must be confusing, and I’ll explain it. In the quote, it’s implying that it does not only take courage to fight a dinosaur, it takes courage to many small things as well. It isn’t very likely you’ll have to save everyone from a bank hold-up, or jump out of a plane like 007. I think that basically this quote is saying courage comes in many different packages, everywhere from speaking in front of the class, to fighting a ‘super-villain’. I don’t really know how to explain it. It’s a complicated quote.
Katie. What this quote is saying is that roaring courage is to do something big, something like saving a boy who fell down a well and can't get out. Quiet courage is having the will against something personal like bullies, if you keep your cool, you have courage.
I understand what you said about this being a complicated quote, I think that you did and awsome job in explaining it though. I loved when you said, " It isnt very likely that you will have to jump out of a plane like 007. ''
I really enjoyed what you wrote. You put what I was thinking into words. I specifically liked where you wrote, '' courage comes in many different packages.'' I completely agree with that.
I understand this quote well. From my belief this quote is saying that you’re not always the best, or didn’t always accomplish everything you wanted in that one day. As if it were saying that maybe one day you didn’t do exactly everything you had planned to do, or you had did it, but you just didn’t do it quite as well as you were expecting to. I, myself may have moments in my life where I feel this quote relates. I compete in many skateboarding competitions for ability and you can probably already guess what I’m about to talk about. As you obviously know, no one is perfect at all, no matter what. A lot of times I don’t do as well as I planned to do in a skate competition but I always like to be on that car ride home thinking to myself that maybe tomorrow, I will do better. Even if I’m not competing that next day, I will still go to maybe my local park, or even that skate park that I competed in the day before, to just maybe practice or try and do better on what I messed up on. That is basically my whole reference to the quote that I have read. The quote is, “Courage Does Not Always Roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.” This quote relates to more than you may actually think.
This quote very easy for me to understand. I understand this because I don’t come storming in ready to say what I have to, I just walk in and keep calm. An example of booming courage is a man during 9-11, He was just the security guard, but when the planes hit, he took groups and groups out instead of escaping with his life, he was sadly killed in the second tower. But what the man did saved so many lives, He was a major life saver because of his courage. An example of quiet courage is like when I was bullied almost every day of school and just kept trucking on and making the bullies soon forget about me.
I think that bullying is a perfect example of having quiet courage - having the courage to not let it get you down, picking up yourself the next day and being the best person you can be. Don't let anyone keep you down or hold you back from being yourself. You are right, one day the bullies will move on and you will realize how unimportant they are in your life!
I think, courage does not always roar, most likely means that courage do not always stand out to everyone to notice, but the courage is the bravery of someone who has the ability to do something that frightens others. For example, “I had the courage to go sky diving from 30,000 feet in the air last summer all by myself!” Courage also means bravery. Like the bravery to do something that others fear, is similar to the courage to do something that others fear too. Courage is a big thing in our world today, for people to do something that may seem too difficult. Conscience is what courage from, like the willing to do something even though it might not be easy to do something. Courage is a good thing for people to have today, since there is so many challenges in life this peer pressure has a big effect on it, to be popular or fit in.
I think I understand this quote very well. What this quote is saying is that courage is not easy to find nor is it showing all the time, but it is there. Most of the time courage is actually quite hard to come by. Sometimes it takes big things, but sometimes is can just be a little incident. Everyone has courage somewhere, whether it shows all the time or if it only comes out when you really need it. It really just depends on the person that you are. You can be a really shy person, but if you need to step up, you will. You can also be very sociable and outgoing but then you realize that you may not know how to fully show your courage. Another reason why I understand this quote is because it actually relates to me to some extent. I am quite shy, but I have shown my courage is many ways throughout my life. You may not think that you are courageous, but inside you definitely are. Courage is not very easy to come by, but when it comes out you will know for sure that your courage is there.
I agree with the part where you said,"You can be a really shy person, but if you need to step, you will." I agree with this part because your right and I didn't take it from this perspective that everyone has courage and how it will come out when you really need it.
I agree with you with courage coming in small or big amounts and not knowing how to show it. Many people should know how to be leaders and when to step up to the situation.
I like how you wrote this because I could relate to this very easily. I also liked the last sentence,"Courage is not very easy to come by, but when it comes out you will know for sure that your courage is there."
Courage I completely agree with this quote. I agree because say you get ridiculed at school either about your clothes, or you hair, or anything, courage doesn’t have to be turning around and telling that kid off about what’s wrong about him/her. Courage is being able to wake up the next morning and be able to go to school and say that you’re excited. Not because you can’t wait to get judged, but because you can’t wait to see your friends that don’t care about what is wrong with you.
Another student also wrote about bullying, and I think that your reflection explains it so well. We all have such a stereotypical view of what a "bully" is and what "bullying" looks like. Bullying doesn't have to be someone beating you up for your lunch money. I think that the word "ridiculed" is perfect to describe the most common type of bullying that students face every day and must shrug off and wake up the next day and face it again.
“…Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.” What is this? What does courage have to do with sound: “roar” “quiet voice… saying…” I think this quote may have to do with self-judgment or the earlier quote “A smart person knows what to say…” with the whole knowing when to do something, but this quote dose not scream courage. When I think of courage I think of Zelda games. Courage to me screams facing bad odds and beating your quest (Zelda thing). So in other words this is the most totally wrong quote every “but that’s just me”
I like how you tied in the "A smart person knows what to say" quote. You were able to back up your disagreement with good reasoning and you didn't sound immature or naive while saying it.
I like how you included a different quote into your explanation of this quote. It was a creative way to explain this quote. It helped me understand your perspective better.
I haven't really stopped to think about how they used roar to describe courage, considering it's obviosuly a metaphor, but nice job anyway. Also nice reference on zelda there.
Courage does not always roar I think that this quote means that courage isn’t always something like conquering your stage fright, or your fear of heights, sometimes you need courage to say that you failed. For example, what if you are on a lake trying to catch a fish and you were out there all day and you never caught one, well sometimes you need the courage to say, you know what, I am going to just try again tomorrow.
That was fantastic, I toataly understand what you are saying. I loved it when you said"Sometimes you need the courage to say, you know what, I am going to just try again tomorrow." It sums up what this quote was saying.
Well done! I never thought of this like that, for example, when you said "For example, what if you are on a lake trying to catch a fish and you were out there all day and you never caught one, well sometimes you need the courage to say, you know what, I am going to just try again tomorrow." I liked how even though someone might have failed, then courage would be the willingness to admit it.
I liked how you used "Sometimes you need courage to say you failed." I really like that. I feel it is a very strong statement, and hearing that helped me with something in my life right now--math. Hahaha. But anyway I really liked that!
I love the example you used! I can relate to that example a lot. My dad is a big fisherman and always takes me out fishing. When I first started, I was horrible and could not catch a single fish. After a long time of trying, I started trying my very best to catch anything I could and soon enough, I did. I like the way you interpreted the word courage,too. I can agree 100% with what you wrote! :)
This quote is explaining that if there is a big prideful lion in the African planes that always kills the biggest antelope and one day he doesn’t catch anything. I imagine that he is telling himself I will try again tomorrow. This quote says, “Courage does not always roar.” That is true. When that lion did not roar with pride, he roared with courage that is the thing that proved this quote. Not loud, but to himself. A peaceful roar of courage, saying I will try again tomorrow.
Great job! I liked how you made a moral for courage and how someone can really show their courage by being persistent in pride, to never give up. For example, when you said, "When that lion did not roar with pride, he roared with courage that is the thing that proved this quote."
I really agree with this quote because it is very true in the stereotype that courage is in the form of roar, or in other cases being brave, courage can be anything that you stand up to or stand up for. Another meaning of this quote is that this quote means is that if someone is courageous, then it doesn’t always mean that they will be daring, it just means that they take their problems head on and deal with them and if you fail, to get back up and try again. Courage is also standing up for what is right instead of going with the flow of gossip, bullying and other things that you know is not right.
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the say saying: I will try again tomorrow” I can associate with this statement. Once I was playing soccer against a team of really big kids, and I was pretty scared that they might trample me down into the earth. So I volunteered to play defense since the ball rarely came down to our goal. So at the end of the game everyone was wondering why I didn’t play offense that game, and I replied saying that I was tired from running all of the day before. The real reason was that I was terrified of that team. When I got in bed that night I told myself that I could’ve taken those kids on, and that the next time we face them, I will play offense. This made a correlation to the statement for me because I wasn’t courageous in the game. The next game we went against that team, I felt more courageous than that of the last game, so I played offense and we won 7-4.
I like how you related to this quote. It was a great example of how courage doesn’t always roar. You wrote it in a way that made me further understand this quote.
This is a fantastic response, and i like how you used the game as an example because it shows that you did show courage, but a big deal wasn't made of it.
Courage does not have to be something that is strong and mighty, constantly pushing you harder and harder. Sometimes, it’s the quiet voice in the back of your head telling you to never give up. I am reminded of a quote from one of my personal favorite movies, The Blind Side. “You should hope for courage and try for honor. And maybe even pray that the people telling you what to do have some, too.” Courage isn’t something that you will always have. Sometimes, you will want to give up or stand back. But courage is something that you should strive for at all times. Now this does not mean that you need to always flaunt your opinions and keep trying and trying because in some instances, that isn’t appropriate. For instance, if a teacher tells you that you need to do something, it isn’t polite to tell them no and disobey them, just because you don’t agree with it. Or if your parents tell you to clean your room, and you keep nagging them with reasons why you shouldn’t. That isn’t ‘courage’. But what courage really is is sticking up for something that you wholeheartedly believe in.
I agree with exactly what you said. I like how defined what courage was, instead of just giving an example of what people really think it is. I also like how you integrated character into this response. I think that it really made your writing a whole lot better.
Wow, this was really well written! I liked the examples that you used and the concepts that you brought up. This clearly shows why "courage does not always roar".
THE BLIND SIDE IS THE PERFECT REFERANCE FOR THIS QUOTE! (and yes, I meant to capitalize that!) I also thought of that movie when I was reflecting, but I couldn't find a specific way to tie it in, and you just did!
this quote is really good it think because courage isn't somthing just everybody is going to have or be good at having ,you can't just keep pushing yourself and pushing yourself to do somthing you know that you can't do when you can just try another time.
Courage does not always roar What this quote means to me is that everything doesn’t just automatically come to you, it’s not like you Can just wake up and do and be whatever you want to do or be, it is going to take some time so you Have to keep trying. For example this quote actually happens to a lot of authors, when writing a book You have to keep on editing your rough drafts and your book isn’t just already ready on the first draft You have to keep on trying and rewriting and rewriting. This quote can actually relate to another quote All great changes are preceded by chaos. Because a lot of chaos will go on in the mix of all of that crazy Stuff.
I feel that many people have a false impression of courage. Too many people in the world believe that courage is the absence of fear. This quote shows that this sort of false philosophy is untrue. Courage is the strength to stand up to a fear. Someone with courage can be just as fearful as someone without courage. This quote reminded me of the many movies where a superhero had to stand up to a super villain. The superhero would be extremely terrified, but the movie could not end until the superhero would find the courage to overcome the big challenge. In particular, I thought of Hercules. In the cartoon movie Hercules, Hercules has many doubts of fighting Hades. Hercules eventually found the courage to stand up to Hades although he was frightened out of his wits.
I like that you used Hercules as an example to explain that even though you may be scared you can only do what you want if you believe in yourself and want something that bad.
At first, this quote baffled me. However, I now know what I mean. Many of us think that courage is the ability to speak out or to do something that requires courage. Courage, however, does not have to be this. Sometimes, courage is to keep trying to do something every day. One day I might fail in my goal. The next day you must have the courage to try again and not allow failure to defeat you. The Civil Rights Movement is an example of the quote. Many of the protesters after all those years must have felt like giving up. They could of that their cause is hopeless and why try again. However, they had the courage to get up the next day and start all over again, and eventually the protestors got what they wanted. I think many people should know that courage does not always roar. People should know that to try again even if the chance of failure is high is true courage. The quote has changed my definition of courage. Courage does sometimes roar but it does not have to.
I don’t understand the quote “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it’s the quite voice at the ends of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.” I don’t understand this quote because courage never ends. If you see a cat in a tree and the cat sounds like it is crying would you go and save it. Well if you would than that means you have courage, but if you don’t it doesn’t mean you don’t have courage. I guess it is true, but does it make sense.
I love and agree with this quote. I think this quote means that sometimes if you try and try and you see no results, you may want to just stop giving it any of your time or effort. It takes courage to say that you will try again tomorrow, even though the same thing may happen again. It takes courage to attempt to do something, but it takes even more courage to continue to attempt something that you know you may not succeed at. Being willing to try again takes more than just courage, it also takes will power and risk.
I can agree with this quote 100%. Basically, what this quote is saying, is that being brave to do something doesn’t always mean you have courage. If you fail at trying to do something, there can always be another chance to try again another day. I feel like this quote interprets the true meaning of courage and how having courage really means that you never gave up on whatever you are looking to accomplish and kept your head held high through anything you are willing to try ,no matter how many times you may not succeed. This quote can really reach out to someone who may or may not feel the strength to do something. For example, if you are a person looking forward to trying out for a competition, contest, tournament or some sort of thing like that and you don’t achieve success, that doesn’t, mean you should give up on what your dreams are and it gives you the chance to work a little hard and prepare more for next time. Even though you may not succeed in something one day, there could always be a different day that you will!
“Courage does not always roar .sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow” I am not familiar with this quote but I think it I know what it means. It means that courage isn’t just being brave and just stand up for everyone. It could also be someone helping you and you don’t know that they just did. For example, it could be an anonymous person solving a case. This is all I could think of on this quote.
I really love how you interpreted this. I like how you said that even though you may not get the credit for it, you still had the courage and did the right thing.
I think this quote means that showing leadership isn’t the only way to show courage. Just by saying “I’ll try again tomorrow,” will demonstrate how you have the courage to try something again if you did not succeed at the task at first. If you’re learning to ride a bike and you fall off, saying you will do it again shows that you have the courage to try riding it again and eventually you will get it. To have courage you don’t have to be successful or smart, as long as you can perceiver through tough times.
“Courage Does Not Roar…” I don’t really understand this quote. It’s probably because I’ve never experienced anything that relates to this quote. Although, maybe it means that courage isn’t always in the people that are fearless and brave. Maybe, it’s also in some of the people that are shy, fearful, and/or humble. It might also mean that courage isn’t always a huge thing, it could be a little thing that you do or make happen.
This quote stumped me for a while, mostly because I had no clue what it meant at first. I think it means that being quiet is sometimes better than having the courage to put yourself out there and be spontaneous. This quote doesn’t happen or appear in every situation, but it does happen often. One time I was given a solo in chorus for a song called In Flanders’s Fields and I really wanted to make it my own and make it special. But when I sang it in class I did it differently than I wanted to and got a lot of compliments. Even though I wanted to make the solo unique, I ended up singing it softer than I originally wanted to. Everyone loved it and I was happy with it. This is only one example but I’m sure that there are many more in the world and in my life. Being quiet or soft spoken can sometimes end up being the better option.
Courage does not always roar I understand and agree with this quote completely. What this quote truly means is that courage does not always have to be shown through famous people or historical events, but it can also be shown by people that may never be written down in history. For example, it may take great courage for one to admit they are at fault, or maybe to stand up for what they believe is right. Various events like this happen throughout the world, but over the flow of time, no one will be able to remember the person that did it or what they did. Un-like the various others throughout history who have been recorded for their tremendous courage, such as the founding fathers to have the courage to fight what they believe in. In the end it’s mostly the little things that people do or look over that matters
I’m just guessing that this means that it may not be very obvious that you are being courageous and it may not be very noticeable, and that sometimes courage is just you saying you’ll try again tomorrow. Maybe there is not a very big deal made out of it, but you are being courageous. It may seem like you did not get credit for anything you do, and maybe you’ll just say you’ll try again tomorrow but, that is also classified as courageous.
Everyone is going to think I am crazy after they read this reflection, but I am going to write it anyway because it is the only way I can express how I feel about this quote. I imagine courage as sort of an actual object, something you can touch, something you can hold, something you can lose, and then find again later when you’re not thinking about it. I think this quote is saying that maybe the meaning of courage is not it being there necessarily when you need it, but maybe later, when you’re reflecting on your day and you think, “I am such a coward for backing down off the high dive right before jumping off.” Then later, after you close your eyes and just before you go to sleep, you know. You know you can do it. You might be angry at Courage, that little object you can lose, for not being there when you needed it, but anything is possible. Anything that is under your control can be done. And anything that is lost can be found. I will try again tomorrow.
I guess that I agree with this. Sometimes having courage isn’t doing the standard courageous things like running into a burning building to save a baby, it can be just one little thing like telling yourself that you will try again tomorrow. But I also don’t really agree with this because in some cases telling yourself that you’ll try again the next day is just dreading doing the thing that you have to do. For myself when I don’t want to do a homework assignment then I just wait till the last minute because I’m dreading it. But yes courage can still be the little things, even if they are little. Over all in my opinion courage can be little or big things but its more recognized when it’s a big thing.
ReplyDeleteI agree that courage can be in little things, but I think that something that may seem small may be big to someone else. I used to be extremely scared of going on elevators. Finding the courage to go on an elevator was very hard for me. Most people would most likely think that this was a small use of courage, but I didn't think so.
DeleteI actually didn't think about courage being flipped around like that, especially into something as dread.
DeleteI think this quote is talking about your conscience. The definition of courage is bravery and someone who takes risks. You may have heard that your conscience is the tiny person on your shoulder telling you what decision to make. Well this quote mentions “The quiet voice at the end of the day.” They are saying that you are making your own decisions by thinking it over with your conscience. When the quote says “Courage does not always roar” it is telling the reader that sometimes you do not want to try new things or try to be successful at the moment, yet there is always a chance. You can decide when you want to take that chance.
ReplyDeleteThis quote… I really like it. Although it does take some thinking. It seems like my courage never needs to roar, because I never really get in those kinds of situations. I mean I don’t think this is the most accurate quote, only because the first part is more irrelevant than the last part. This must be confusing, and I’ll explain it. In the quote, it’s implying that it does not only take courage to fight a dinosaur, it takes courage to many small things as well. It isn’t very likely you’ll have to save everyone from a bank hold-up, or jump out of a plane like 007. I think that basically this quote is saying courage comes in many different packages, everywhere from speaking in front of the class, to fighting a ‘super-villain’. I don’t really know how to explain it. It’s a complicated quote.
ReplyDeleteKatie. What this quote is saying is that roaring courage is to do something big, something like saving a boy who fell down a well and can't get out. Quiet courage is having the will against something personal like bullies, if you keep your cool, you have courage.
DeleteI understand what you said about this being a complicated quote, I think that you did and awsome job in explaining it though. I loved when you said, " It isnt very likely that you will have to jump out of a plane like 007. ''
DeleteI really enjoyed what you wrote. You put what I was thinking into words. I specifically liked where you wrote, '' courage comes in many different packages.'' I completely agree with that.
DeleteCourage Does Not Always Roar
ReplyDeleteI understand this quote well. From my belief this quote is saying that you’re not always the best, or didn’t always accomplish everything you wanted in that one day. As if it were saying that maybe one day you didn’t do exactly everything you had planned to do, or you had did it, but you just didn’t do it quite as well as you were expecting to. I, myself may have moments in my life where I feel this quote relates. I compete in many skateboarding competitions for ability and you can probably already guess what I’m about to talk about. As you obviously know, no one is perfect at all, no matter what. A lot of times I don’t do as well as I planned to do in a skate competition but I always like to be on that car ride home thinking to myself that maybe tomorrow, I will do better. Even if I’m not competing that next day, I will still go to maybe my local park, or even that skate park that I competed in the day before, to just maybe practice or try and do better on what I messed up on. That is basically my whole reference to the quote that I have read. The quote is, “Courage Does Not Always Roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.” This quote relates to more than you may actually think.
This quote very easy for me to understand. I understand this because I don’t come storming in ready to say what I have to, I just walk in and keep calm. An example of booming courage is a man during 9-11, He was just the security guard, but when the planes hit, he took groups and groups out instead of escaping with his life, he was sadly killed in the second tower. But what the man did saved so many lives, He was a major life saver because of his courage. An example of quiet courage is like when I was bullied almost every day of school and just kept trucking on and making the bullies soon forget about me.
ReplyDeleteI think that bullying is a perfect example of having quiet courage - having the courage to not let it get you down, picking up yourself the next day and being the best person you can be. Don't let anyone keep you down or hold you back from being yourself. You are right, one day the bullies will move on and you will realize how unimportant they are in your life!
DeleteI think that these are great example!! The 9-11 example show a roaring courage, but we can relate to the bully example.
DeleteI think, courage does not always roar, most likely means that courage do not always stand out to everyone to notice, but the courage is the bravery of someone who has the ability to do something that frightens others. For example, “I had the courage to go sky diving from 30,000 feet in the air last summer all by myself!” Courage also means bravery. Like the bravery to do something that others fear, is similar to the courage to do something that others fear too. Courage is a big thing in our world today, for people to do something that may seem too difficult. Conscience is what courage from, like the willing to do something even though it might not be easy to do something. Courage is a good thing for people to have today, since there is so many challenges in life this peer pressure has a big effect on it, to be popular or fit in.
ReplyDeleteCourage Does Not Always Roar
ReplyDeleteI think I understand this quote very well. What this quote is saying is that courage is not easy to find nor is it showing all the time, but it is there. Most of the time courage is actually quite hard to come by. Sometimes it takes big things, but sometimes is can just be a little incident. Everyone has courage somewhere, whether it shows all the time or if it only comes out when you really need it. It really just depends on the person that you are. You can be a really shy person, but if you need to step up, you will. You can also be very sociable and outgoing but then you realize that you may not know how to fully show your courage. Another reason why I understand this quote is because it actually relates to me to some extent. I am quite shy, but I have shown my courage is many ways throughout my life. You may not think that you are courageous, but inside you definitely are. Courage is not very easy to come by, but when it comes out you will know for sure that your courage is there.
I agree wiht you that courage can be a little incident. I found it very insightful about how you said that everyone has a little courage in them.
DeleteI agree with the part where you said,"You can be a really shy person, but if you need to step, you will." I agree with this part because your right and I didn't take it from this perspective that everyone has courage and how it will come out when you really need it.
DeleteI agree with you with courage coming in small or big amounts and not knowing how to show it. Many people should know how to be leaders and when to step up to the situation.
DeleteI like how you wrote this because I could relate to this very easily. I also liked the last sentence,"Courage is not very easy to come by, but when it comes out you will know for sure that your courage is there."
DeleteCourage
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with this quote. I agree because say you get ridiculed at school either about your clothes, or you hair, or anything, courage doesn’t have to be turning around and telling that kid off about what’s wrong about him/her. Courage is being able to wake up the next morning and be able to go to school and say that you’re excited. Not because you can’t wait to get judged, but because you can’t wait to see your friends that don’t care about what is wrong with you.
Another student also wrote about bullying, and I think that your reflection explains it so well. We all have such a stereotypical view of what a "bully" is and what "bullying" looks like. Bullying doesn't have to be someone beating you up for your lunch money. I think that the word "ridiculed" is perfect to describe the most common type of bullying that students face every day and must shrug off and wake up the next day and face it again.
Delete“…Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.” What is this? What does courage have to do with sound: “roar” “quiet voice… saying…” I think this quote may have to do with self-judgment or the earlier quote “A smart person knows what to say…” with the whole knowing when to do something, but this quote dose not scream courage. When I think of courage I think of Zelda games. Courage to me screams facing bad odds and beating your quest (Zelda thing). So in other words this is the most totally wrong quote every “but that’s just me”
ReplyDeleteI like how you tied in the "A smart person knows what to say" quote. You were able to back up your disagreement with good reasoning and you didn't sound immature or naive while saying it.
DeleteI like how you included a different quote into your explanation of this quote. It was a creative way to explain this quote. It helped me understand your perspective better.
DeleteI haven't really stopped to think about how they used roar to describe courage, considering it's obviosuly a metaphor, but nice job anyway. Also nice reference on zelda there.
DeleteCourage does not always roar
ReplyDeleteI think that this quote means that courage isn’t always something like conquering your stage fright, or your fear of heights, sometimes you need courage to say that you failed. For example, what if you are on a lake trying to catch a fish and you were out there all day and you never caught one, well sometimes you need the courage to say, you know what, I am going to just try again tomorrow.
I agree, courage is sometimes admiting that you failed. But sometimes it still is the big things that roar.
DeleteThat was fantastic, I toataly understand what you are saying. I loved it when you said"Sometimes you need the courage to say, you know what, I am going to just try again tomorrow." It sums up what this quote was saying.
DeleteWell done! I never thought of this like that, for example, when you said "For example, what if you are on a lake trying to catch a fish and you were out there all day and you never caught one, well sometimes you need the courage to say, you know what, I am going to just try again tomorrow." I liked how even though someone might have failed, then courage would be the willingness to admit it.
DeleteI liked how you used "Sometimes you need courage to say you failed." I really like that. I feel it is a very strong statement, and hearing that helped me with something in my life right now--math. Hahaha. But anyway I really liked that!
DeleteI love the example you used! I can relate to that example a lot. My dad is a big fisherman and always takes me out fishing. When I first started, I was horrible and could not catch a single fish. After a long time of trying, I started trying my very best to catch anything I could and soon enough, I did. I like the way you interpreted the word courage,too. I can agree 100% with what you wrote! :)
DeleteThis quote is explaining that if there is a big prideful lion in the African planes that always kills the biggest antelope and one day he doesn’t catch anything. I imagine that he is telling himself I will try again tomorrow. This quote says, “Courage does not always roar.” That is true. When that lion did not roar with pride, he roared with courage that is the thing that proved this quote. Not loud, but to himself. A peaceful roar of courage, saying I will try again tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteOk I have know idea what your comment is saying but i like the "Big prideful Lion" is a great way to think of
Delete"Courage does not always roar... "
Great job! I liked how you made a moral for courage and how someone can really show their courage by being persistent in pride, to never give up. For example, when you said, "When that lion did not roar with pride, he roared with courage that is the thing that proved this quote."
DeleteI really agree with this quote because it is very true in the stereotype that courage is in the form of roar, or in other cases being brave, courage can be anything that you stand up to or stand up for. Another meaning of this quote is that this quote means is that if someone is courageous, then it doesn’t always mean that they will be daring, it just means that they take their problems head on and deal with them and if you fail, to get back up and try again. Courage is also standing up for what is right instead of going with the flow of gossip, bullying and other things that you know is not right.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your quote. I also talked about how courage does not only mean being brave in my comment.
DeleteI agree that it doesn’t just mean daring it could also mean taking on problems. You helped me understand the quote better.
Delete“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the say saying: I will try again tomorrow”
ReplyDeleteI can associate with this statement. Once I was playing soccer against a team of really big kids, and I was pretty scared that they might trample me down into the earth. So I volunteered to play defense since the ball rarely came down to our goal. So at the end of the game everyone was wondering why I didn’t play offense that game, and I replied saying that I was tired from running all of the day before. The real reason was that I was terrified of that team. When I got in bed that night I told myself that I could’ve taken those kids on, and that the next time we face them, I will play offense. This made a correlation to the statement for me because I wasn’t courageous in the game. The next game we went against that team, I felt more courageous than that of the last game, so I played offense and we won 7-4.
Great response, just because they were big kids doesn't mean you can't win
DeleteI like how you related to this quote. It was a great example of how courage doesn’t always roar. You wrote it in a way that made me further understand this quote.
DeleteI love the way you added a personal expierience into your writing! It really shows a true understanding of this quote.
DeleteThis is a fantastic response, and i like how you used the game as an example because it shows that you did show courage, but a big deal wasn't made of it.
DeleteCourage does not have to be something that is strong and mighty, constantly pushing you harder and harder. Sometimes, it’s the quiet voice in the back of your head telling you to never give up.
ReplyDeleteI am reminded of a quote from one of my personal favorite movies, The Blind Side. “You should hope for courage and try for honor. And maybe even pray that the people telling you what to do have some, too.” Courage isn’t something that you will always have. Sometimes, you will want to give up or stand back. But courage is something that you should strive for at all times. Now this does not mean that you need to always flaunt your opinions and keep trying and trying because in some instances, that isn’t appropriate. For instance, if a teacher tells you that you need to do something, it isn’t polite to tell them no and disobey them, just because you don’t agree with it. Or if your parents tell you to clean your room, and you keep nagging them with reasons why you shouldn’t. That isn’t ‘courage’. But what courage really is is sticking up for something that you wholeheartedly believe in.
I agree with exactly what you said. I like how defined what courage was, instead of just giving an example of what people really think it is. I also like how you integrated character into this response. I think that it really made your writing a whole lot better.
DeleteWow, this was really well written! I liked the examples that you used and the concepts that you brought up. This clearly shows why "courage does not always roar".
DeleteTHE BLIND SIDE IS THE PERFECT REFERANCE FOR THIS QUOTE! (and yes, I meant to capitalize that!) I also thought of that movie when I was reflecting, but I couldn't find a specific way to tie it in, and you just did!
DeleteNever thought of it like that,I like when you said"Courage is really is sticking up for something that you wholeheartedly belive in."
Deletethis quote is really good it think because courage isn't somthing just everybody is going to have or be good at having ,you can't just keep pushing yourself and pushing yourself to do somthing you know that you can't do when you can just try another time.
DeleteCourage does not always roar
ReplyDeleteWhat this quote means to me is that everything doesn’t just automatically come to you, it’s not like you
Can just wake up and do and be whatever you want to do or be, it is going to take some time so you
Have to keep trying. For example this quote actually happens to a lot of authors, when writing a book
You have to keep on editing your rough drafts and your book isn’t just already ready on the first draft
You have to keep on trying and rewriting and rewriting. This quote can actually relate to another quote
All great changes are preceded by chaos. Because a lot of chaos will go on in the mix of all of that crazy
Stuff.
I feel that many people have a false impression of courage. Too many people in the world believe that courage is the absence of fear. This quote shows that this sort of false philosophy is untrue. Courage is the strength to stand up to a fear. Someone with courage can be just as fearful as someone without courage. This quote reminded me of the many movies where a superhero had to stand up to a super villain. The superhero would be extremely terrified, but the movie could not end until the superhero would find the courage to overcome the big challenge. In particular, I thought of Hercules. In the cartoon movie Hercules, Hercules has many doubts of fighting Hades. Hercules eventually found the courage to stand up to Hades although he was frightened out of his wits.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your definition of courage and I like your connection to Hercules. People must gain courage to stand up to fear.
DeleteI agree with what you think courage means, and I like how you added Hercules as an example for what courage means.
DeleteI totaly agree with you and I love the Hercules movie so the
DeleteHercules exampel helped me a lot.
I like that you used Hercules as an example to explain that even though you may be scared you can only do what you want if you believe in yourself and want something that bad.
DeleteI do not share the same opinon but I understand what you are saying. What helped me the most was the Hercules movie thing.
DeleteI totally agree with the part where you said that courage isn't the absence of fear because that is what everyone thinks but it isn't.
DeleteAt first, this quote baffled me. However, I now know what I mean. Many of us think that courage is the ability to speak out or to do something that requires courage. Courage, however, does not have to be this. Sometimes, courage is to keep trying to do something every day. One day I might fail in my goal. The next day you must have the courage to try again and not allow failure to defeat you. The Civil Rights Movement is an example of the quote. Many of the protesters after all those years must have felt like giving up. They could of that their cause is hopeless and why try again. However, they had the courage to get up the next day and start all over again, and eventually the protestors got what they wanted. I think many people should know that courage does not always roar. People should know that to try again even if the chance of failure is high is true courage. The quote has changed my definition of courage. Courage does sometimes roar but it does not have to.
ReplyDeleteI don’t understand the quote “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it’s the quite voice at the ends of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.” I don’t understand this quote because courage never ends. If you see a cat in a tree and the cat sounds like it is crying would you go and save it. Well if you would than that means you have courage, but if you don’t it doesn’t mean you don’t have courage. I guess it is true, but does it make sense.
ReplyDeleteI love and agree with this quote. I think this quote means that sometimes if you try and try and you see no results, you may want to just stop giving it any of your time or effort. It takes courage to say that you will try again tomorrow, even though the same thing may happen again. It takes courage to attempt to do something, but it takes even more courage to continue to attempt something that you know you may not succeed at. Being willing to try again takes more than just courage, it also takes will power and risk.
ReplyDeleteI can agree with this quote 100%. Basically, what this quote is saying, is that being brave to do something doesn’t always mean you have courage. If you fail at trying to do something, there can always be another chance to try again another day. I feel like this quote interprets the true meaning of courage and how having courage really means that you never gave up on whatever you are looking to accomplish and kept your head held high through anything you are willing to try ,no matter how many times you may not succeed. This quote can really reach out to someone who may or may not feel the strength to do something. For example, if you are a person looking forward to trying out for a competition, contest, tournament or some sort of thing like that and you don’t achieve success, that doesn’t, mean you should give up on what your dreams are and it gives you the chance to work a little hard and prepare more for next time. Even though you may not succeed in something one day, there could always be a different day that you will!
ReplyDelete“Courage does not always roar .sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow” I am not familiar with this quote but I think it I know what it means. It means that courage isn’t just being brave and just stand up for everyone. It could also be someone helping you and you don’t know that they just did. For example, it could be an anonymous person solving a case. This is all I could think of on this quote.
ReplyDeleteI really love how you interpreted this. I like how you said that even though you may not get the credit for it, you still had the courage and did the right thing.
DeleteI think this quote means that showing leadership isn’t the only way to show courage. Just by saying “I’ll try again tomorrow,” will demonstrate how you have the courage to try something again if you did not succeed at the task at first. If you’re learning to ride a bike and you fall off, saying you will do it again shows that you have the courage to try riding it again and eventually you will get it. To have courage you don’t have to be successful or smart, as long as you can perceiver through tough times.
ReplyDelete“Courage Does Not Roar…”
ReplyDeleteI don’t really understand this quote. It’s probably because I’ve never experienced anything that relates to this quote. Although, maybe it means that courage isn’t always in the people that are fearless and brave. Maybe, it’s also in some of the people that are shy, fearful, and/or humble. It might also mean that courage isn’t always a huge thing, it could be a little thing that you do or make happen.
This quote stumped me for a while, mostly because I had no clue what it meant at first. I think it means that being quiet is sometimes better than having the courage to put yourself out there and be spontaneous. This quote doesn’t happen or appear in every situation, but it does happen often. One time I was given a solo in chorus for a song called In Flanders’s Fields and I really wanted to make it my own and make it special. But when I sang it in class I did it differently than I wanted to and got a lot of compliments. Even though I wanted to make the solo unique, I ended up singing it softer than I originally wanted to. Everyone loved it and I was happy with it. This is only one example but I’m sure that there are many more in the world and in my life. Being quiet or soft spoken can sometimes end up being the better option.
ReplyDeleteCourage does not always roar
ReplyDeleteI understand and agree with this quote completely. What this quote truly means is that courage does not always have to be shown through famous people or historical events, but it can also be shown by people that may never be written down in history. For example, it may take great courage for one to admit they are at fault, or maybe to stand up for what they believe is right. Various events like this happen throughout the world, but over the flow of time, no one will be able to remember the person that did it or what they did. Un-like the various others throughout history who have been recorded for their tremendous courage, such as the founding fathers to have the courage to fight what they believe in. In the end it’s mostly the little things that people do or look over that matters
I’m just guessing that this means that it may not be very obvious that you are being courageous and it may not be very noticeable, and that sometimes courage is just you saying you’ll try again tomorrow. Maybe there is not a very big deal made out of it, but you are being courageous. It may seem like you did not get credit for anything you do, and maybe you’ll just say you’ll try again tomorrow but, that is also classified as courageous.
ReplyDeleteEveryone is going to think I am crazy after they read this reflection, but I am going to write it anyway because it is the only way I can express how I feel about this quote. I imagine courage as sort of an actual object, something you can touch, something you can hold, something you can lose, and then find again later when you’re not thinking about it. I think this quote is saying that maybe the meaning of courage is not it being there necessarily when you need it, but maybe later, when you’re reflecting on your day and you think, “I am such a coward for backing down off the high dive right before jumping off.” Then later, after you close your eyes and just before you go to sleep, you know. You know you can do it. You might be angry at Courage, that little object you can lose, for not being there when you needed it, but anything is possible. Anything that is under your control can be done. And anything that is lost can be found.
ReplyDeleteI will try again tomorrow.