Well, isn’t that the truth. So many people don’t listen to anything, and really are completely oblivious to what is going on around them. “Most people do not listen with the Intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” This quote reminds me of my Dad at the dinner table on school nights. I am one of four kids, so we all try and take time to say stuff about our day. I always can tell that when I’m saying something that happened, my little sister is not even listening to what I am saying. She’s just wondering when I will be done talking and when it will be her turn to talk. My Dad says that we do not even listen to what the other person is saying, we are just worried about when we get to say our opinion on the topic or it’s our turn to share something. This also reminds me of school. I know I am one of the people that have a bad habit of doing this. When our teacher asks us something at school, kids will raise their hand before the teacher even finishes the question. They aren’t actually understanding the question, they are just waiting for when it will be there turn to reply. Basically, people are only worried about them, not others. They want to reply, and hear themselves talk, before they listen and understand what others have to say. (:
Great job! This happens so much to me like I will ask my mom something in the car and then she will not respond until like I say "like, hello? or she will answer something my sister says first then mine. It's soo annoying.
I interpreted this quote to mean, that most people listen so they can respond and keep the conversation alive. The other people listen so that they can take in what the other person is saying, and to actually comprehend what they are saying. Also, the people who listen to reply, usually just want to hear themselves talk. When I converse with another person, I tend to do a hybrid of this; comprehending the message someone is trying to get through and listening to reply, not to just keep talking. Those who talk for a long time come off as annoying.
Being in school this happens a lot that when a teacher or student asks a question they teacher or student intends to reply, but not really to try and understand what they are saying. Also, this is a tricky thing to do like once u learn always to do something by processing they just give answer, but if you’re trying to correct yourself it’s hard to do something new. For example, I usually try and reply and get it right than understand it. On the other hand it is alright to say “I don’t know” rather than guess just to try and reply to give an answer. Also, if a friend or student asks u something that you really don’t understand, but u still give an answer that is wrong that your friend doesn’t know then u will be giving false information. However, if u just said “I don’t know, sorry,” they could of asked someone that did and get the correct information.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” To me this statement means that most people are thinking of a reply to what another person is saying while listening, instead of trying hard to understand what the other person is saying. This happens to me all the time when I’m talking to friends, siblings, and my parents where I find myself thinking about other things and what I’m going to say in return and like all of the other statements we have commented on, I can relate this to me and try to do better.
I do not understand this quote only because the only way to reply to someone with an intent is to understand them first. If someone told you something and you didn’t understand it, you wouldn’t be able to reply with something intent because you didn’t understand what they were saying. I also don’t understand what the quote is saying. Like is it saying that some people do not understand what someone is explaining to them, but they can reply with knowing what they said. It is a very confusing quote to me, but not every person is the same.
If someone asks you a question, of course you have to listen, because you’re supposed to reply to the person. If someone tells you a story, you listen, you understand, and sometimes you reply. If someone asks for advice, you reply with the advice you have for them. I guess some people may not have the answer, they may not reply, but they’ll have a reason.
I agree with this quote because when most people talk in a conversation they are thinking about what they should comment or mention after the other person finishes talking. People may not think about it but for most of us it’s natural. Even though many mentors, teachers, and people tell us to comprehend what we listen and read but we don’t. Almost all people are want to think of a good reply because either they don’t want to embarrass themselves or they don’t want to end the conversation. Also, the quote also occurs with students. When a teacher is having a discussion and is going to ask a question, most people want to come up with an answer or excuse because in case the teacher selects them they want to be prepared. They also don’t want to seem eccentric. Some people even interject within the middle of talking when something important come up. That person could have been hearing for something important so that they can say something. However another reason people listen to reply is to seem interested. They could also not want to seem stupid to the person. Another reason is that they want to please and appeal the person.
Most People Do Not Listen I really get this quote. Even as my teacher was reading this quote and explaining the directions, I wasn’t listening, well I was sort of listening, but I was thinking about what I would write about instead of actually listening. This happens to me a lot, and I never really gave much thought about it until now. I know that a lot of people do this too. When I am trying to talk to my dad, I never feel like he is listening, I don’t want him to comment on anything I say. I just want him to listen, or even just pretend. It is better than him saying something that I really don’t want to hear. Because then I yell at him and then we fight and just don’t talk for the rest of the day. I wish my dad could read this quote. Anna
I think that I understand most of this quote. From what I understand the quote is trying to say that when people hear something, they do not just listen to what the other person is saying. They also think of something to say back instead of just ending the conversation. By extending the conversation they can become more social, but they even can know more about the person which further reinforces their relationship. When people listen to reply they can strengthen their relationships, and they can even gain skills that are hard to come by. If somebody stops and thinks about what you have said, just remember that they are thinking of a very good response.
I express the same opinion in my response too. People should think of their replies to contribute to the conversation. Everyone should listen and THEN say what they are thinking.
I guess the best example of this is right now. Most of the time when we come into class and see a quote on the board, while we’re reading, all we’re thinking about is, “How am I going to reply to this?” I think that’s the difference between the good reflections and the great ones. We’re writing to understand, not to seem smart. At least, we’re supposed to be. I only know a few people who I know listen to me when I talk. Consequentially, they’re the only ones I really like to talk to. Half the people I know think I’m quiet, and the other half think I’m outspoken. And when you look at someone when you’re speaking to them, you can tell if they care about what you’re saying. If they want to understand, they care. If they are concerned about what you’ll think of them based on their response, they couldn’t care less (and if you think about it you’ll find that most people really couldn’t care less. Depressing, but true). They should really only have to respond if they actually have something valuable to add. Speech is only necessary when it benefits all the listeners.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” I think this quote means that people just listen to conversations to reply “Yea, I know,” without giving their input to the conversation. It’s like if somebody asks you about the soccer game on Saturday and you say “Yea.” That sounds BORING. Or you could have said “Yea, that was a nice goal in the 2nd quarter.” That response at least contributes to the conversation that you’re having. That’s my opinion.
People don’t listen I think that this quote means that people don’t listen to listen they listen to be able to talk back or more of they listen so that they have something relevant to say back. Because if everyone listened to listen and them out everyone would be wise deep thoughtful and caring after words.
I understand what the quote means by the intent to reply. It simply means that people don’t listen to understand, they will reply to you and even help you maybe understand something. Like for example, I used to think I’d always be bullied in school but my dad helped reassure me that I’d be fine. His reply helped me relax and feel better. This is an example of listening to reply and not understand.
I do agree with this quote. Even though it may sound a little harsh, it’s true. When we listen to someone most of the time we are thinking about what we are going to say when the other person stops talking, but do we really understand what the other person is saying? Do we really care what they are saying? Or are we just wanting to hear ourselves talk. I can think of some conversations I’ve had with people fairly recently but I only remember bits and pieces because I just wanted to reply. Sometimes I don’t even remember what the other person said, just what I said. But that’s not to say that everybody is this way some people such as scientists like to understand everything so they do listen with the intent to understand but still, a lot of people don’t.
I completley know what you are talking about. This pretty much sums everything up. Some people listen just to listen and other people just listen to hear themselves talk.
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” This quote is a hard one, because I do not fully understand it. When I listen to a situation, I always understand what it is first. For example, when I heard all of the commotion about Syria, the first thing I wanted to do was find out what everyone was yelling about. Everyone I heard screaming at each other had some good points, but they obliviously didn’t know everything President Obama had to consider in the situation. Or when I was in French, we had to learn where the language came from and how it developed before we could actually learn it. Sometimes we only want to believe what we are saying for the satisfaction of thinking we are right. I think that is what this quote may mean. But, most of the people in my class just wanted to learn French and not get some background info at all. They just wanted to get done with it and not actually learn anything. Or, like the people fighting about Syria, they only wanted to listen to the facts that supported their opinion, which is an example of arguing your beliefs. Most of the time, the first thing I do when I listen to someone speak is I think about what they are trying to tell me. I think this people struggle with this every day, so this is another great quote to live by.
This quote is saying that people do not take in and think deeply about what someone is saying. They just want to reply and see what they can compare to the conversation. If your mom is talking to you, sometimes you are so focused on saying what you want her to know, instead of listening to her and thinking about what she is saying. Sometimes when kids in school raise their hands when someone is talking they do not listen to what the other person said. Then you may accidentally repeat it. That would not be good. Saying that, it is always good to listen to the speaker and wait until you fully understand the statement.
Most people do not listen to you or try to understand what you are saying. Most
People change the subject and make you try to understand what their saying.
And this has happened to me plenty of times like when i get in trouble by my parents and they talk and Explain themselves but when I try to talk and explain myself about why I did what I did. They cut me off And start talking again their not trying to understand what I’m saying that from my point of view is Listening with the intent to reply they are not listening to what I’m saying their listening to what They have to say ( Listening to their own voice). When I argue with my brother and I say that’s
Enough he always wants to keep arguing my mom and I like to call that last word ides so….
What this quote means to me is that you talk to people thinking their listening to you but when
They cut you off and start talking you realize that all that they are listening to is the sound of Their own voice
I totally agree with this quote because in life, a lot of people will not be understanding when you tell them something. They will just try to think of what to say while you are talking. If you tell someone that you hate English class and they don't understand or they feel uncomfortable, they will probably just think of something to say without caring that you hate English. Also, they might forget about it if you ask them about it because all they did was answer and not listen. That person probably just cares about themselves and not what you are going through, so that is why they only have the intent to reply and not listen.
When others are talking than the listeners really don`t listen. The listeners would rather talk themselves. Unfortunately, this would not work in our society today. If everyone was talking instead of listening than no one would be heard, and it would be chaos. Although it is important to have good public speakers and leaders in our society, it is just as important to have good listeners. The listeners should actually listen instead of just blocking everything out. Most listeners just hear blah- blah- blah all the time instead of the hearing the real words of the speaker. This quote had reminded me of all the Charlie Brown episodes when all of the adults are just saying blah- blah- blah. Do not act like those children in Charlie Brown and listen to what the speaker is saying.
I like how you said that if we didn't listen to each other there would be chaos in our society. I also liked the comment you made about Charlie Brown. :)
"Most People Do Not Listen" This quote boggles my mind, because it is so true. I do that too, but not when I’m casually talking to a friend, it’s more like when I’m listening to a teacher talk. For some reason, I can process both things in my head, most of the time. Other times, I blank out completely, and I end up saying something completely absurd. I figure in college though, people only listen to understand, like in lectures. Though say you’re talking to a friend, and their speaking to you, not intending on a response, then this quote doesn’t apply. For some reason, I’m having trouble processing this. All these quotes have a big message to them, but my brain is almost burnt out, it takes a lot of thinking. Although, this quote does make sense after a while. And I feel like, sometimes, this quote should have a third part. Some people just don’t listen at all.
I know that this describes me. As a teacher, mother, and wife I am the "problem solver" in may people's lives. When someone comes to me with a problem or a story, I always feel compelled to give a suggestion or comment on what he/she has shared. When you think of the job of an English teacher, it is to give feedback. I find that I am constantly doing that, and I know that I often listen to reply instead of just to understand. My husband has often asked me why I can't just listen to him and let him vent. He gets frustrated when I try to give him suggestions or feedback when he really just needs to communicate his feelings. This is something that I, personally, need to work on. Listen to understand.
ReplyDeleteWell, isn’t that the truth. So many people don’t listen to anything, and really are completely oblivious to what is going on around them. “Most people do not listen with the Intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
This quote reminds me of my Dad at the dinner table on school nights. I am one of four kids, so we all try and take time to say stuff about our day. I always can tell that when I’m saying something that happened, my little sister is not even listening to what I am saying. She’s just wondering when I will be done talking and when it will be her turn to talk. My Dad says that we do not even listen to what the other person is saying, we are just worried about when we get to say our opinion on the topic or it’s our turn to share something.
This also reminds me of school. I know I am one of the people that have a bad habit of doing this. When our teacher asks us something at school, kids will raise their hand before the teacher even finishes the question. They aren’t actually understanding the question, they are just waiting for when it will be there turn to reply.
Basically, people are only worried about them, not others. They want to reply, and hear themselves talk, before they listen and understand what others have to say. (:
Yours is my favorite. And the opening sentence is so sassy :)
DeleteThis is hilarious!
DeleteGreat job! This happens so much to me like I will ask my mom something in the car and then she will not respond until like I say "like, hello? or she will answer something my sister says first then mine. It's soo annoying.
DeleteI interpreted this quote to mean, that most people listen so they can respond and keep the conversation alive. The other people listen so that they can take in what the other person is saying, and to actually comprehend what they are saying. Also, the people who listen to reply, usually just want to hear themselves talk. When I converse with another person, I tend to do a hybrid of this; comprehending the message someone is trying to get through and listening to reply, not to just keep talking. Those who talk for a long time come off as annoying.
ReplyDeleteI understand and agree with your thinking. I also mentioned this in my comment.
Deletethose who talk alot do indeed come off as annoying, and possible self-absorbed
DeleteBeing in school this happens a lot that when a teacher or student asks a question they teacher or student intends to reply, but not really to try and understand what they are saying. Also, this is a tricky thing to do like once u learn always to do something by processing they just give answer, but if you’re trying to correct yourself it’s hard to do something new. For example, I usually try and reply and get it right than understand it. On the other hand it is alright to say “I don’t know” rather than guess just to try and reply to give an answer. Also, if a friend or student asks u something that you really don’t understand, but u still give an answer that is wrong that your friend doesn’t know then u will be giving false information. However, if u just said “I don’t know, sorry,” they could of asked someone that did and get the correct information.
ReplyDeleteHahaha we wrote about the same thing.(:
DeleteThis is so true.
Delete“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” To me this statement means that most people are thinking of a reply to what another person is saying while listening, instead of trying hard to understand what the other person is saying. This happens to me all the time when I’m talking to friends, siblings, and my parents where I find myself thinking about other things and what I’m going to say in return and like all of the other statements we have commented on, I can relate this to me and try to do better.
ReplyDeleteI agree to this. Sometimes I just forget what the person said while I'm trying to think of a reply.
DeleteThat was very well written. Good explanation
DeleteI do not understand this quote only because the only way to reply to someone with an intent is to understand them first. If someone told you something and you didn’t understand it, you wouldn’t be able to reply with something intent because you didn’t understand what they were saying.
ReplyDeleteI also don’t understand what the quote is saying. Like is it saying that some people do not understand what someone is explaining to them, but they can reply with knowing what they said. It is a very confusing quote to me, but not every person is the same.
I think you're right that in order to respond to something, you have to understand it.
DeleteGood job! Your right that to fully respond complete for a good responce you have to understand what they are saying.
DeleteIf someone asks you a question, of course you have to listen, because you’re supposed to reply to the person. If someone tells you a story, you listen, you understand, and sometimes you reply. If someone asks for advice, you reply with the advice you have for them. I guess some people may not have the answer, they may not reply, but they’ll have a reason.
ReplyDeleteThat was very well put. But I hope next time you don't capitalize the I in your name.
DeleteI agree with this quote because when most people talk in a conversation they are thinking about what they should comment or mention after the other person finishes talking. People may not think about it but for most of us it’s natural. Even though many mentors, teachers, and people tell us to comprehend what we listen and read but we don’t. Almost all people are want to think of a good reply because either they don’t want to embarrass themselves or they don’t want to end the conversation. Also, the quote also occurs with students. When a teacher is having a discussion and is going to ask a question, most people want to come up with an answer or excuse because in case the teacher selects them they want to be prepared. They also don’t want to seem eccentric. Some people even interject within the middle of talking when something important come up. That person could have been hearing for something important so that they can say something. However another reason people listen to reply is to seem interested. They could also not want to seem stupid to the person. Another reason is that they want to please and appeal the person.
ReplyDeleteI agree with all the reasons you stated for why people interrupt and/or respond quickly.
DeleteI agree to this statement because when I listen to someone talk I naturally just listen to reply.
DeleteI totally agree with you, Andrew.
DeleteMost People Do Not Listen
ReplyDeleteI really get this quote. Even as my teacher was reading this quote and explaining the directions, I wasn’t listening, well I was sort of listening, but I was thinking about what I would write about instead of actually listening. This happens to me a lot, and I never really gave much thought about it until now. I know that a lot of people do this too. When I am trying to talk to my dad, I never feel like he is listening, I don’t want him to comment on anything I say. I just want him to listen, or even just pretend. It is better than him saying something that I really don’t want to hear. Because then I yell at him and then we fight and just don’t talk for the rest of the day. I wish my dad could read this quote.
Anna
I do the same thing with my Dad, i don't want him to comment or saying anything, just agree with me.
DeleteI agree with you. Sometimes when people say something I start thinking what im gonna say before they even had stop talking.Good Job:)
DeleteMost people do not listen
ReplyDeleteI think that I understand most of this quote. From what I understand the quote is trying to say that when people hear something, they do not just listen to what the other person is saying. They also think of something to say back instead of just ending the conversation. By extending the conversation they can become more social, but they even can know more about the person which further reinforces their relationship. When people listen to reply they can strengthen their relationships, and they can even gain skills that are hard to come by. If somebody stops and thinks about what you have said, just remember that they are thinking of a very good response.
Kevin your view on this has helped me understand this quote better. I like your philosophical view. I can't wait for your next comment.
DeleteI express the same opinion in my response too.
DeletePeople should think of their replies to contribute to the conversation. Everyone should listen and THEN say what they are thinking.
Kevin thats exactly how it is!
DeleteAnd I like the part about relationships.
I guess the best example of this is right now. Most of the time when we come into class and see a quote on the board, while we’re reading, all we’re thinking about is, “How am I going to reply to this?” I think that’s the difference between the good reflections and the great ones. We’re writing to understand, not to seem smart. At least, we’re supposed to be. I only know a few people who I know listen to me when I talk. Consequentially, they’re the only ones I really like to talk to. Half the people I know think I’m quiet, and the other half think I’m outspoken. And when you look at someone when you’re speaking to them, you can tell if they care about what you’re saying. If they want to understand, they care. If they are concerned about what you’ll think of them based on their response, they couldn’t care less (and if you think about it you’ll find that most people really couldn’t care less. Depressing, but true). They should really only have to respond if they actually have something valuable to add. Speech is only necessary when it benefits all the listeners.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed you comment and agree with what you wrote. This quote really made me think whether I listen to people as much as should.
DeleteI like how you used our class as your example. Good job!
Delete“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” I think this quote means that people just listen to conversations to reply “Yea, I know,” without giving their input to the conversation. It’s like if somebody asks you about the soccer game on Saturday and you say “Yea.” That sounds BORING. Or you could have said “Yea, that was a nice goal in the 2nd quarter.” That response at least contributes to the conversation that you’re having. That’s my opinion.
ReplyDeleteYeah I like this, you gave a good example.
DeletePeople don’t listen
ReplyDeleteI think that this quote means that people don’t listen to listen they listen to be able to talk back or more of they listen so that they have something relevant to say back. Because if everyone listened to listen and them out everyone would be wise deep thoughtful and caring after words.
I understand what the quote means by the intent to reply. It simply means that people don’t listen to understand, they will reply to you and even help you maybe understand something. Like for example, I used to think I’d always be bullied in school but my dad helped reassure me that I’d be fine. His reply helped me relax and feel better. This is an example of listening to reply and not understand.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with this. The example about your dad really made me rethink some conversations I've had with people.
DeleteI do agree with this quote. Even though it may sound a little harsh, it’s true. When we listen to someone most of the time we are thinking about what we are going to say when the other person stops talking, but do we really understand what the other person is saying? Do we really care what they are saying? Or are we just wanting to hear ourselves talk.
ReplyDeleteI can think of some conversations I’ve had with people fairly recently but I only remember bits and pieces because I just wanted to reply. Sometimes I don’t even remember what the other person said, just what I said. But that’s not to say that everybody is this way some people such as scientists like to understand everything so they do listen with the intent to understand but still, a lot of people don’t.
WHOA that blew my mind! This is a very nicely written response!
DeleteI completley know what you are talking about. This pretty much sums everything up. Some people listen just to listen and other people just listen to hear themselves talk.
Delete“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” This quote is a hard one, because I do not fully understand it. When I listen to a situation, I always understand what it is first.
ReplyDeleteFor example, when I heard all of the commotion about Syria, the first thing I wanted to do was find out what everyone was yelling about. Everyone I heard screaming at each other had some good points, but they obliviously didn’t know everything President Obama had to consider in the situation. Or when I was in French, we had to learn where the language came from and how it developed before we could actually learn it. Sometimes we only want to believe what we are saying for the satisfaction of thinking we are right. I think that is what this quote may mean.
But, most of the people in my class just wanted to learn French and not get some background info at all. They just wanted to get done with it and not actually learn anything. Or, like the people fighting about Syria, they only wanted to listen to the facts that supported their opinion, which is an example of arguing your beliefs. Most of the time, the first thing I do when I listen to someone speak is I think about what they are trying to tell me. I think this people struggle with this every day, so this is another great quote to live by.
This quote is saying that people do not take in and think deeply about what someone is saying. They just want to reply and see what they can compare to the conversation. If your mom is talking to you, sometimes you are so focused on saying what you want her to know, instead of listening to her and thinking about what she is saying. Sometimes when kids in school raise their hands when someone is talking they do not listen to what the other person said. Then you may accidentally repeat it. That would not be good. Saying that, it is always good to listen to the speaker and wait until you fully understand the statement.
ReplyDeleteMost people do not listen to you or try to understand what you are saying. Most
ReplyDeletePeople change the subject and make you try to understand what their saying.
And this has happened to me plenty of times like when i get in trouble by my parents and they talk and
Explain themselves but when I try to talk and explain myself about why I did what I did. They cut me off
And start talking again their not trying to understand what I’m saying that from my point of view is
Listening with the intent to reply they are not listening to what I’m saying their listening to what
They have to say ( Listening to their own voice). When I argue with my brother and I say that’s
Enough he always wants to keep arguing my mom and I like to call that last word ides so….
What this quote means to me is that you talk to people thinking their listening to you but when
They cut you off and start talking you realize that all that they are listening to is the sound of
Their own voice
I really like how you did it in poem format.
DeleteI totally agree with this quote because in life, a lot of people will not be understanding when you tell them something. They will just try to think of what to say while you are talking. If you tell someone that you hate English class and they don't understand or they feel uncomfortable, they will probably just think of something to say without caring that you hate English. Also, they might forget about it if you ask them about it because all they did was answer and not listen. That person probably just cares about themselves and not what you are going through, so that is why they only have the intent to reply and not listen.
ReplyDeleteThis response was indeed interisting, I also like this response because it has a ring of truth to it
DeleteThis response was great, because the content was interesting.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteWhen others are talking than the listeners really don`t listen. The listeners would rather talk themselves. Unfortunately, this would not work in our society today. If everyone was talking instead of listening than no one would be heard, and it would be chaos. Although it is important to have good public speakers and leaders in our society, it is just as important to have good listeners. The listeners should actually listen instead of just blocking everything out. Most listeners just hear blah- blah- blah all the time instead of the hearing the real words of the speaker. This quote had reminded me of all the Charlie Brown episodes when all of the adults are just saying blah- blah- blah. Do not act like those children in Charlie Brown and listen to what the speaker is saying.
I like how you said that if we didn't listen to each other there would be chaos in our society. I also liked the comment you made about Charlie Brown. :)
DeleteWhile this may be like the quote I'd say that this is a better life lesson, and this explains a lot more.
DeleteI think yours is my favorite response.
ReplyDelete"Most People Do Not Listen"
ReplyDeleteThis quote boggles my mind, because it is so true. I do that too, but not when I’m casually talking to a friend, it’s more like when I’m listening to a teacher talk. For some reason, I can process both things in my head, most of the time. Other times, I blank out completely, and I end up saying something completely absurd. I figure in college though, people only listen to understand, like in lectures. Though say you’re talking to a friend, and their speaking to you, not intending on a response, then this quote doesn’t apply. For some reason, I’m having trouble processing this. All these quotes have a big message to them, but my brain is almost burnt out, it takes a lot of thinking. Although, this quote does make sense after a while. And I feel like, sometimes, this quote should have a third part. Some people just don’t listen at all.
I know that this describes me. As a teacher, mother, and wife I am the "problem solver" in may people's lives. When someone comes to me with a problem or a story, I always feel compelled to give a suggestion or comment on what he/she has shared. When you think of the job of an English teacher, it is to give feedback. I find that I am constantly doing that, and I know that I often listen to reply instead of just to understand. My husband has often asked me why I can't just listen to him and let him vent. He gets frustrated when I try to give him suggestions or feedback when he really just needs to communicate his feelings. This is something that I, personally, need to work on. Listen to understand.
ReplyDelete